Your question

CD drive won\'t recognised discs

Last response: in Windows XP
September 19, 2011 3:53:57 PM

Tells me there is no disc in drive.

More about : drive recognised discs

September 19, 2011 4:30:10 PM

With the information provided, I can only offer a few possible issues:

1. The drive cannot read the disc type, IE, you're putting a DVD in a CD-ROM drive, or the drive comes from the DVD-R and DVD+R fighting era, and you're putting a type in it cannot read.

2. The disc can't be read, try putting it in another computer to ensure it's actually a readable disc, and the problem is in fact drive specific.

3. The drive is simply broken, depending on how old it is, it's not unlikely that there is just a physical issue with the drive, they're cheap, so replacing one isn't a huge deal.

Hope one of those helps!
September 21, 2011 2:21:11 AM

Thanks!
Related resources
September 21, 2011 11:38:44 AM

I have tried same but no luck. BTW, I have written on both CD and DVD with succes just a few months ago. I will buy a new writer. hanks for your help. This is a wonderful community.
September 28, 2011 2:57:34 PM

yachtpilot said:
Tells me there is no disc in drive.

THIS SITE is great. Thank you for the replies you so promptly sent. No luck yet. My drive will play Cd's AND DVD's all day long and when I put a rewritable in another computer...VIOLA. NOW. I put a NEW drive in my Toshiba and IT won't write!! Everything BUT write. For now I am writing to a 4g stick and transferring to CD on another computer. It is music wit audiostrobe and the files are large.

Thanks again all.

R
!