Vcore & MB Temp

Ok. I reseated and reapplied my thermal paste to my chip/heatsink. I have the following setup:
Core i7 920 @ 3.35ghz
GTS 250 SLI (my GTX 570 is in the mail)
6GB 1333mhz (which is why I can't really OC higher - Dominator incoming)
Asetek LCLC (Noctua NH will come in February)
Evga x58 SLI LE
NZXT ZERO 2 Case

A while back I was having trouble. My idle temps were in the mid 40's and when I ran Prime95 I would get up to the 80-90C range in like 20mins. After reseating/reapplying the paste my idle temps are only down to 39-42C BUT after 40mins - 1hr of Prime95 I only hit the upper 60's. I assume once I get the Noctua these will go down some.

My Vcore is set to 1.175v but in Cpu-z it never gets that high. It floats in the 1.16 range. I just want to make sure that my voltage is high enough. I haven't seen any instability issues right now so I assuming it's ok.

I think the temps are ok because during gaming I am only on ~25% load tops and they don't even drive my cores above 55C. My MBoard seems to hit around 48C but I think that is ok as well isn't it?

My major problem is I have 4 possible fan slots on my door but can only use 2 due to the size of the grill on the Asetek LCLC blocking the use of 2.

Basically, I just want to know if all is well in my OC land. Advice?
2 answers Last reply
More about vcore temp
  1. Your temps are perfectly fine

As long as your CPU-Z clock speed is showing a solid 3.35 ghz reading under 100% load on all 4 cores (or 8 threads if you have HT on), then you are getting enough voltage
  2. Great! Thanks for the quick reply. I'll verify tonight that it is and if not at least now I'll now how to ensure the voltage is high enough.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Thermal Compound Overclocking