Sony motherboard replacement

bobdobalino

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I have Sony Vaio Laptop model VGN-N21M and it has lost both of it's USB ports. One went a month before the other. Does anyone know what causes this?

Solution
Common cause of USB failure..... Electrical Overload.... Its common for users to use multiple devices at the same time and then use it as a charger for cell phones while supporting a USB-powered hard drive.

Worst that i have seen.... Shorted USB load or defective USB devices that overload the USB port.

Some notebook actually resets or go to power cycle to due to sudden drop in power supply voltage cause by the overload.

Its partly due to lack of education on notebook users that USB devices have limitations.

One Effective Solution:

Buy a powered USB Expansion port (Sold with Power Supply). This will protect the notebook USB devices from electrical overload.

For Replacement Motherboard:

Call Sony tech support

Go to Ebay and...

leon2006

Distinguished
Common cause of USB failure..... Electrical Overload.... Its common for users to use multiple devices at the same time and then use it as a charger for cell phones while supporting a USB-powered hard drive.

Worst that i have seen.... Shorted USB load or defective USB devices that overload the USB port.

Some notebook actually resets or go to power cycle to due to sudden drop in power supply voltage cause by the overload.

Its partly due to lack of education on notebook users that USB devices have limitations.

One Effective Solution:

Buy a powered USB Expansion port (Sold with Power Supply). This will protect the notebook USB devices from electrical overload.

For Replacement Motherboard:

Call Sony tech support

Go to Ebay and search for motherboard of the same notebook model as yours

There are specialty pc shops that caters for specific brands (surplus stores). In Texas are stores that sells Dell surplus parts... In CA there are stores that sell HP surplus parts.... Somewhere here in the US there has to be for Sony, Toshiba and other brands.

Solution

bobdobalino

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009

Thanks, Mine has had a few bangs as well