Is this DiabloTek PSU good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4745454b

Titan
Unless you can find a review of one, or figure out who really made it, your better off getting something else. The Corsair 400 is a good one, as are the Antec Basiq units. Avoid anything with a red swtich in the back, and a real PSU will cost more then $20.

Probably not a good PSU. If you are really interested in it then Google the SKU and see if it turns up any interesting results. Despite the number of brands there are in PSUs, there is really only a small number of companies that actually manufacture them. Even if this PSU has a good design, that won't mean much if the factory that made it had crappy soldering.

4745454b

Titan
I'm not sure you can find out who made this PSU, hence why I said "or figure out who really made it". Its possible with the higher end units, but there tend to be no reviews of lowend units, nor do they brag about who actually made their PSU.

This one apparently hasn't even gone thru testing by the Underwriters Laboratory ( whose "E" code might tell us the oem )
http://www.diablotek.com/Images_U/SPEC_PHD450.pdf

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

I wouldn't recommend that for most contemporary systems due to the very low 12V amps.

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Usually when I do a PC build, I have to go with OCZ PSU's because its the only thing my local PC stores carry. The only really nice PSU that they carry is the Corsair HX1000. Or there is the CM PSU's......

Status
Not open for further replies.