Sign in with
Your question

Intel DP67BA and i5-2500K

Last response: in Overclocking
January 18, 2011 11:15:47 PM

Sandy Bridge Dillema

My package arrived at the doorstep today from NewEgg.

Contents:
i5-2500K
DP67BA
gSkill DDR3-1333 8Gb RAM - dual channel

Initially I opted out for the cheaper DP67BA mobo. I did not care for an additional PCI express port; the max 1333 RAM did not bother me enough to upgrade to the Extreme (more expensive) Intel P67 mobo. I contacted Intel yesterday asking to confirm whether the DP67BA will allow me to OC the 2500K CPU. To my surprise their answer was 'NO' - and that only the Extreme series (DP67BG) mobo will allow for overclocking. I could not believe it - and asked again they again said no .

Would someone here owning the DP67BA mobo confirm it overclocks? An image of the BIOS multiplier settings would be most helpful.

More about : intel dp67ba 2500k

January 18, 2011 11:59:09 PM

I have built a plethora of systems in the past. Asus, FoxCon, Gigabyte are just a few of mobos I've used. The reason for intel - I just wanted to have an intel built as part of my reportoire. Intel mobo, Intel CPU, Intel HD seem like components that would work well together.
m
l
January 19, 2011 3:03:57 AM

I just found the answer in the intel dp67BA techprodspec.pdf file:

3.11 BIOS Performance Features
The BIOS includes the following options to provide custom performance enhancements
when using Intel Core i7, Intel Core i5, and Intel Core i3 processors in an LGA1155
socket.
• Processor Maximum Non-Turbo Ratio (processor multiplier can only be adjusted
down)

• Memory multiplier adjustment
• Memory voltage adjustment
• Graphics multiplier adjustment
Multiplier can only be adjusted down? - Really how weak sauce can you get?:fou: 
m
l
!