WDTV confusing model numbers

jayantadak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hello,
I am from India and am about to get a WDTV LIVE media player from America or Dubai. But the problem is that the American model number is WD BAAN 0000 NBK NESN whereas the Dubai model number is WD BAAP 000 NBK EESN. Which model should I go for, so as to play in India.

Thanks and regards.

jayant, Mumbai/India

It won't matter. I bought mine in Saudi Arabia. It works just fine with both NTSC and PAL media.

The part numbers vary because:
1. There are two different models - The slightly more expensive one includes an ethernet port.
2. The part number also reflects which part of the world the device will be sold in. This is relevant because it determines what kind of AC pins the power adapter has.

I have one of these. Love it. I was considering building a full scale HTPC. Then I decided this is all I really needed. It's very surprising how little power (both AC and computer) is needed to move video and multichannel sound from HD to TV.

jayantadak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I will be purchasing it by the end of this year. My main aim is to store movie classics on the HDrive and watch it on the screen via the media player. Will I be able to enjoy 5.1 or DTS throgh my Home theatre set-up if I hook up the WD media player.