Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus Crosshair III AMD Sound Card Question

Last response: in Motherboards
October 7, 2009 11:13:12 PM

Hi Folks--

After a long deliberation, I have decided to go with this motherboard over the Gigabyte and MSI models. My question has to do with the "onboard sound". I will NOT put another Creative product, software based or otherwise, in my new build. Can I go with another card that does not use the black Pcie slot on the board--I plan on leaving it blank. I want to install an HT Omega Claro+ in the regular white PCI slot and dump or sell the Creative card. Is there any problems with doing this-- thanks
a b V Motherboard
October 8, 2009 8:29:43 AM

What's wrong with using the onboard sound? The mobo has its own audio hardware built-in, right?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 8, 2009 3:11:55 PM

dhoke said:
Hi Folks--

After a long deliberation, I have decided to go with this motherboard over the Gigabyte and MSI models. My question has to do with the "onboard sound". I will NOT put another Creative product, software based or otherwise, in my new build. Can I go with another card that does not use the black Pcie slot on the board--I plan on leaving it blank. I want to install an HT Omega Claro+ in the regular white PCI slot and dump or sell the Creative card. Is there any problems with doing this-- thanks

No problem at all... The HT Omega will fit just fine......
Related resources
October 9, 2009 2:47:27 AM

r_manic said:
What's wrong with using the onboard sound? The mobo has its own audio hardware built-in, right?

Hi R-Manic Primarily 4 reasons.

1. I have had problems with Creative software (drivers, bloatware, etc.) for years. Although they have somewhat cornered the market on sound boards, their are better choices out there. My current system is still plagued with Creative software problems.
2. The black pcie x1 slot that the included Creative sound card must be plugged into is in a bad position on the board--too close to the CPU and too close to the primary x16 video card slot. It will interfere with some vid cards that don't have a perfectly flat backside, unless you move the vid card to the other x16 slot. No crossfire though.
3. HT omega is an outstanding choice for a sound card. If you look at New Egg reviews, every product they make has a full five-star rating. You get what you pay for.
4. The included sound card uses software enhancement not hardware acceleration to improve sound. Somewhat cheaper and less effective.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2010 9:05:22 PM

This topic has been closed by OvrClkr
!