Computer comes on at midnight!

Can't figure out how to prevent my computer from coming on at the stroke of midnight. Checked with sales people, they don't know. Looked at obvious, can't find anything there. Can anyone help.
5 answers Last reply
More about computer midnight
  1. Quote:
    Can't figure out how to prevent my computer from coming on at the stroke of midnight. Checked with sales people, they don't know. Looked at obvious, can't find anything there. Can anyone help.

-
    Could be windows update, change the times for this...
    OR other update, as for your motherboard drivers, or the like, Gigabyte like to do this!
    Hope this was the right answar.
    Fedtmusen
  2. Quote:
    Can't figure out how to prevent my computer from coming on at the stroke of midnight.

Here's an amazing idea that'll fix your problem... pull the plug when you're finished using it!
  3. maybe its a bios thing, i've piss ppl off with that one, auto start at like 2 am and use windows scheduler to make it play some insanely loud music when it does (goooo no pw lol)
  4. It is your windows update schedule. Just change it.
  5. Naw - it's GHOSTS!!!!!! Run fer yer lives!! :whistle:

Actually it's probably a BIOS setting, wake on some input. For example in my BIOS I can set it to wake the system on NIC activity, or a prescheduled time, etc...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computer