E8200 Processor, running below spec

nick_zn

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Hey Guys

I have a E8200 processor running along with a ECS 945GCT-M2 (V1.0)motherboard.

Now I've been looking into overclocking lately, but I've realised that my motherboard isn't great for that at all.

But here's my problem, I've that program "Everest" and one or two other programs to test the computer out, and I've found that my Processor is running at 1.98Ghz instead of the stock 2.66Ghz.

The clock multiplication factor is "6" which can't be changed from what I understand, and the FSB speed in the BIOS is 330Mhz.
Now I'm not to sure how to increase that FSB speed more to get the processor running faster, seen as that there isn't any other options in the BIOS.

The motherboard is capable of 1066Mhz FSB, and the chipset is capable of 1333Mhz.

Sorry if I haven't made that much sense, I'm a bit of a newbie in regard to these things.

Thanx, Nick

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
yep, your multiplier will flucuate between 6 and 8, to save power.

why dont u try USING your cpu, and then look at what speed its at.

as for overclocking your cpu, sure... i would even suggest it. but it depends on your ram.

as it stands, you are running off a 667 FSB. you could run higher with your CPU, for sure. your ram could be the limiting factor here. do you know the speed of your ram?