Sign in with
Your question

Memrory issues maybe or not

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
October 8, 2009 2:16:26 AM

ok guys im woundering i ran prime 95 for 12 hrs on dimm ddr3 slot 1 everything passes so does the other stick i have 1333 g-skill mem with a gigabyte ma790xt-ud4p with phnome 2x 4 955 when i run both stick of mem skot 1 and 2 and run prime 95 it locks up is the slot 2 bad or is the mem getting hot i dont know im looking to get a msi 790fx board monday well i hope someone could help me out thanks ppl

More about : memrory issues

a b } Memory
October 8, 2009 9:31:23 AM

In BIOS manually set the memory speed, timing and voltage to Mfg. Specs.
m
l
October 8, 2009 7:36:37 PM

Quote:
Dude, stay in school.

Nobody wants to read one long run on sentence with zero punctuation or capitalization and try to figure out where one sentence ends and the other begins. Horrendous.

Woundering?
skot 1?
phnome?

WTF?

I agree with zipzoom. Were you in a hurry on posting in the forum? Post your query with proper punctuation so that it could be answered.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 8, 2009 8:19:46 PM

Quote:
Dude, stay in school.

Nobody wants to read one long run on sentence with zero punctuation or capitalization and try to figure out where one sentence ends and the other begins. Horrendous.

Woundering?
skot 1?
phnome?

WTF?
Dude, SORRY I WAS IN A RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was late and i was tired i didnt mean to be all over the place with what i was trying to say in my sentence, ppl make mistakes.
m
l
October 9, 2009 5:20:42 PM

You can also run Windows Memory Diagnostics utility to health check of the memories. It is also a good tool for memory health check.

Another chance might be of BIOS issue. This is from my experience. I use 2X2GB DDR2-1066MHz (EPP supported) RAMs. I experienced Winodws lock-ups, BSoDs, Sudden restart of the system when running at 1066MHz frequency. But the system ran smooth when the timing was 800MHz. I wrote to the Mainboard manufacturer and they suggested to upgrade the BIOS. I upgraded the BIOS and the system giving stable performance at 1066MHz RAM timing.

I would suggest to write to the RAM and Mainboard manufacturers to dig out the exact issue and fix. That would be better for you.
m
l
October 9, 2009 9:20:13 PM

Thanks for the info i might have fixed i upgraded my bios, i have my ram set to 1600MHZ AND THE VOLTAGE SET TO 1.65 Seems stable so far no lock ups. another question when i change my cpu multiplier and turn the voltage up a lil i want to do a lil o'cing. ppl say why it locks when i chang the multiplier its because of its getting hot, they told me to change the stock fan and put better thermalpaste on it, and Recamendation for that?

By the way i ran memtest86 for like 3 hrs making sure my ram was good have it set to 1600mhz and the voltage up a lil. The test ran through with flying colors no problems. So i guess my ram isn't bad.....

I really apprecate your guy's help..... :) 
m
l
October 9, 2009 9:31:20 PM

Quote:
Well you say you have memory in slot 1 and 2. Normally for dual channel you run the memory in slot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. They are color coded so you use the same colors, not different colors. At least that's how all the boards I've used are.

For one, you use memtest86 to test memory. Test both sticks at the same time, if you get any errors take one stick out and test it. Then the other, test both until you find which one is giving errors.

If theres no errors then its not your memory. Are you overclocking? What is your cpu temp while running prime95?

Im running stock fan and stock thermal paste that might be an issue when i run prime95 in locks up less then six hrs when in dual channel mode. when im in single mode just with one stick of ram i could run it all night and with no issues. i ran memtest86 i updated my bios have my ram set too 1600mhz and the volatge set too 1.65 it seems stable at this moment. Memtest86 ran for 3hrs no issues with my ram.

Yes im overclocking just a lil and it will lock up when i do a lil, i think its because of its getting hot and im running stock fan and stock thermal paste

Thanks guy i appropriate your help
m
l
October 10, 2009 11:44:37 PM

Quote:
Download cpu-z and keep track of your temps.

Thanks man all ready have the program i guess im running stable have my ram clocked at 1600 and its running stabled thank u soo much for the help. ;)  Any chance u could help me on over clocking?
m
l
October 11, 2009 4:58:49 PM

Quote:
I'm not experienced with overclocking AMD processors so I cant help you there. There are tons of articles on this site about how to overclock AMD processors though.
Or you could start a new thread titled "help me overclock my X4 955". Make sure you list all your system specs in the post.

Thank u so much for the help im not going to change my board im gonna keep... Im just gonna get a new cpu fan and use diffrent thermal paste
m
l
!