Start up prolonged

June 1, 2004 6:30:09 PM

Ever since I installed 2nd hard drive my startup time has increased
dramatically. System begins to start up then theres a 45 - 60 second pause
before it springs back to life and completes start up process. Is there
something in the resistry I can edit to cancel this second pause?

More about : start prolonged

Anonymous
June 1, 2004 11:19:18 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041

I assume you:
1) Have the Internet Connection Firewall turned on,
2) Have anti-virus software,
3) Have anti-spyware software,
4) Have done all of the Windows Critical Updates.
I hate to assume, don't you ?

Is the new hard drive partitioned, formatted, does it have
a drive letter, is it working properly ? You don't say.

Good Luck !

!