Start up prolonged

Ever since I installed 2nd hard drive my startup time has increased
dramatically. System begins to start up then theres a 45 - 60 second pause
before it springs back to life and completes start up process. Is there
something in the resistry I can edit to cancel this second pause?
1 answer Last reply
More about start prolonged

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041

    I assume you:
    1) Have the Internet Connection Firewall turned on,
    2) Have anti-virus software,
    3) Have anti-spyware software,
    4) Have done all of the Windows Critical Updates.
    I hate to assume, don't you ?

    Is the new hard drive partitioned, formatted, does it have
    a drive letter, is it working properly ? You don't say.

    Good Luck !

Configuration Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP