The last ever 'Will this fit' :)

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Right, I have been spending 1 - 2 weeks looking at CPU Coolers. Getting stressed because the stock cooler is always looking at me... :)

Right

NZXT M59 (WxDxH): 19 cm x 44.9 cm x 50.8 cm

Noctua NH-D14 (WxDxH): 14 cm x 13 cm x 16 cm

Can someone tell me how to work this out and is it going to fit, thanks guys :)

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I will make the answer simple and say yes it will fit.
Why? because the width of your case (that's the distance from the side where you mount the mobo to the side door) is bigger than any of the dimentions of the cooler...which means it will fit...maybe it will be a close fit...but the coolers are always designed to fit any nid sized tower to nything bigger than that...they might even fit in to some small towers as well...

So, my answer is yes it will fit...and to install it correctly, look in the little booklet that would come with the cooler it will show you how ... good luck ;)

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
you would noramlly remove the side fan if the cooler doesn't fit...
that's what I had to do to fit my V8 into another coler master case...
My antec had the option of the side fan but didn't directly come with it
so I didn't have to remove anything there...

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Okay I have a side case fan like your all talking about, tried to remove it but there are no screws. Will take a second look after I was my big mac down :)

Also will touching the inside of the case ground me? If not I'm screwed :)

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
To ground yourself, touch the power supply but the inside of the case would probably do it too...if you don't have screws holding the fan it is probably held on by plastic hooks or something similair of a design...but in any case, should be possible to some off...

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
I hope touching the case for 3 seconds is enough, because I have not ordered the PSU yet... The fan holder looks weird. I have pushed pulled squeezed to no avail. I will find a picture to give you more information.

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I think you should be fine...and yeah sometimes it's incredibaly hard to take off a cooler that is held on by something other than screws...look closelyfor any kind of attachment system...but I'm pretty sure it should be possible to take off...

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Second time round still no idea what to do. The D14 cooler still might fit, not ordered it yet but I think that should be the next order if I does not fit then I will think about it. Right now I'm not to worried.
Thoughts on the Noctua NH-D14?

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I recently raed some stuff about it and it seems to be a really nice cooler...It would beat most f the other coolers out there...my friend has one and it cools his xeon really well...so I would definately recommend it... ;)

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
It shoudl fit...because the socket is the same...all the am3 sockets have the mounting holes in the same places...so you should be fine...

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
I hope you don't mind helping me because your helping me alot, I appreciate (Spelling lol) it man.
What do you think of the cooling then :)
Front of the case 1x Intake fan
Side panel 1x Intake (The one I can't remove lmao)
Top of the case 1x Intake 1x Exhaust
Back of case 1x Exhaust.
:D

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
That cooling should suffice what ever you are gonna do...and if you end up taking the side intake fan off, you should put it in the front so you will have two intakes in the front...which should be even nicer...

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Only one intake at the front. I'm video editing you sure this is enough? Also with the latest hard drives I'm not sure what I need. Sata cable and how do I power it? (Im talking about new hard drives not the old ones with the massive wire lol)
Thanks mate

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
yeah a sata cable...and you should have a sata power connecotr on your power supply as well...and I'm pretty sure about it being enough I do video rendering myself and have a similar setup and it cools really well...I had a phenom II X4 and a gtx 285...and it cooled really well... Now I have a xeon 6-core and it still cools really well...except I have two intake fans in the front...
I have Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas rendernig 100% very often...

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Yes I hope this system is strong give it a look over:
AMD PHENOM II X6
Noctua NH-D14
2GB DDR3 to save money upgrade to 12GB if it's compatible
GTX 460 or 470
850w PSU
So when I get the hard drive find a sata cable and a sata power. 100% sure? Want me to link you to the HDD?
Thanks again mate.