Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte ep45-ud3r flash drive booting problem.

Last response: in Motherboards
October 8, 2009 2:35:37 AM

Hello,

Im trying to boot from my Kingston 2gb usb flash drive because I have some files on it. I can not get it to work for nothing. Tried formatting in Fat16, everything. Also, my boot menu does show my flash drive anywhere...

Any ideas?? thanks!
a b V Motherboard
October 8, 2009 3:04:46 AM

I use the old Hewlett Packard flash utility which used to be free on the internet, to load system files to make the drive bootable. It requests a location for boot files, and I have another file with the contents of a Windows 98 boot floppy copied to it. The HP ulitility copies those files to the thumb drive.

so, the trick is, you need to "sys" the drive. Now you have the information you need to google a utility for that purpose.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2009 1:50:37 PM

You have to go to Advanced Bios setting> HArd Disk Boot Priority and with your thumb drive plugged in give your flash drive priority over your system hard drive then set your first, second, and thirs boot device to usb fdd, usb hdd, and usb cd rom. Just make sure your plugged into a usb port directly connected to the board. Thats what I had to do to install 7
m
l
!