Crossfire ready or not??

G

Hello,

I have a store bought pc, that I bought a few years back. I believe it is a Compaq SR1750NX. I have a Radeon X1950pro pci-e 256 mb in the pci - e X16 slot. I wanted to get another X1950pro to crossfire, these days you can pick up and extra card for like $50 on ebay so I was gonna see if that would help lighten the load on my current card and help it some. My question is, is will the crossfire technology work with my motherboard? You can check the specs of the board if you like, but i was wondering because My card has only 1 X16 slot, but it has like 2 more X1 slots. My current card is in the X16 slot, and I was wondering if I could stick the secondary card in the X1 slot and be crossfired to the other card or if that would work? I wasn't sure, so before buying the card i was going to see if I could get some advice. Thanks!

Spiro :wahoo:

basically the answer is no. However you can mod a smaller pci-e x1 slot to accept a x16 card. A cross fire between a x16 and x1 slot would prolly produce horrible fps compared to a x16 and x16 or even x8 and x8 crossfire.