Your question

Internal Speaker Buzzing

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Speakers
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 20, 2009 8:40:19 PM

Ive run my system clean and clear for six months and recently when playing a non demanding video game i get this extreme buzzing from my internal speaker and also a blue screen! Anyone have any suggestions why this might happen?

More about : internal speaker buzzing

April 20, 2009 10:19:24 PM

any help would be much appreciated, its driving me crazy now
April 20, 2009 11:31:32 PM

bloobull24 said:
Ive run my system clean and clear for six months and recently when playing a non demanding video game i get this extreme buzzing from my internal speaker and also a blue screen! Anyone have any suggestions why this might happen?

bloobull24 sorry but what internal speaker are you talking about here?also it wouldn't be a bad idea to put your spec's on this pc mobo videocard psu cpu ram etc.

it will make it a lot eraser to help you with.

may also clean the cmos by unplugging the battery and letting it set for 5 min and then reinsert it.is the buzzing comming from mobo beeper?
Related resources
April 20, 2009 11:42:29 PM

yea the mobo beeper.
the thing goes absolutely wild!!
this was my first build and a budget pc but everything went so smoothly for the first 6 months
here are my specs:
mobo: Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
vid card: MSI N9600GT 512M
cpu: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200 Brisbane 2.7GHz
mem: 2x2 gigs gskill ram ddr2
cheap psu came with raidmax case
April 20, 2009 11:42:56 PM

Download Speedfan and check the temperatures of your components. The buzzing noise may be a sign that the CPU or video card is overheating.
April 20, 2009 11:49:18 PM

bloobull24 g3force has a point also it could be your cmos battery,if you have a way of checking it with a volt meter it should be around 3.6 volts.,you can checked the cpu heatsink by putting your finger on it to see if it's getting hot ,same for the video.hot to the touch!

April 21, 2009 2:31:43 AM

i tried taking the cmos battery out for 5 minutes and no luck. also the temps are fine i checked them physically and with a program. Any other suggestions? This only occurs when i'm gaming. No other time, not for video or music or anything. Any help would be much appreciated.
April 21, 2009 2:58:54 AM

Go into the BIOS and check the voltages on each of the rails. If there is a deviance of more than .5 volts, that might be the issue.
It might also be wise to buy a voltmeter and check the 12v rail for a power dip when running a program.
April 21, 2009 7:38:05 PM

so far so good, i removed the cmos for over a night and no problems. why would that be an issue with that?
April 21, 2009 10:06:54 PM

one hour in and it started up again. this noise is insane
April 21, 2009 11:48:14 PM

bloobull24 said:
one hour in and it started up again. this noise is insane

bloobull24 there three things that could causing a continues buzzing on mobo keyboard,mobo or poer supply.I would start with keyboard sense it's the easy first check. hope this helps you out.
December 10, 2011 10:23:38 PM

I just built a brand new system, and I didn't have this problem initially, but it developed as the day went on. I originally couldn't relate it to anything I'd done. Turns out that I'd changed the alarm settings on my BIOS to generate an alarm when
1-CPU overheated
2-CPU Fan failed
3-System 1 fan failed
4-System 2 fan failed

I only have a CPU fan and a system fan plugged into the mother board, the other 2 fans in the case don't have rotation detection wires, so they go just to the 12VDC power connectors.

So the PC was letting me know that the System 2 fan wasn't working. (because I don't have one plugged into the System 2 fan header on the mobo) duh....

So my suggestion to you is that you could possibly, during gaming are having overheating issues? I see that you said you checked that, and I'm assuming you did it when the buzzing was occurring. Could the game SW be changing the alarm settings in the BIOS or have alarms build into the game sw? (Sorry, I don't game).
!