I have 3 ports VGA, DVI and HDMI, Can i connect LCD TV to HDMI and LCD Monitor t

Status
Not open for further replies.

javeed_l

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I have 3 ports VGA, DVI, HDMI, my problem here is, i wanna connect a LCD Monitor to VGA port and LCD TV to HDMI Port , i want them to be connected at a time and the output has to come in both concurrently, now im able to connect only one at a time , please help

scudst0rm

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
First it will depend on where your video signals are coming from. are these ports on the motherboard or the video card or some combination of the two.

if they are all on the motherboard then there may be a bios option to to choose your primary and secondary video output. it might look like VGA/HDMI, VGA/DVI.

i doubt all 3 are on the video card, but if they were then it shouldnt be a problem.

if its a combination of the two then you can only use the ones on your video card, since the on board video will be disabled. its likely hdmi and dvi on the video card so you would have to get a dvi-vga adapter (one should have come with the card)

once you have that figured out its as simple as going into your nvidia control panel/ catalyst control center and setting your output to cloned display.

as usual, your system specs would be useful to know, especially motherboard and video card.

javeed_l

Distinguished
May 12, 2009

Hi ,

This is an extra video card , not the one on the motherbord.It has all the 3 ports, VGA, HDMI, and DVI , my problem here is i can only connect one at a time, for example if i coonect LCD TV to HDMI Port then the LCD monitor connected to VGA port will not work, please help how to rectify this problem

I wanna connect both at the same time, i wanna connect LCD Tv to HDMI port and LCD Monitor to VGA port, both should display.

Parallax771

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
I have the same problem so to speak... I have a Sparkle 9800gtx+ 1gb DDR3 graphics card with 3 ports: VGA, DVI & HDMI I tried the combo of having my LCD monitor on VGA and my Samsung 40" LCD TV on HDMI and the monitor did not come on. However, switching the monitor to DVI did work. See if you monitor has a DVI input and switch cables or use an adapter to convert it and you should be fine! The problem that I have is that with my monitor in DVI and TV in HDMI (cloned), once I change channels or turn the tv off and then turn on later, the "clone" signal to my tv via HDMI says "weak or no signal". Does anyone know if this is a hardware or a driver fault??? Thanks for any info!

bladeut

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Select dual display in the display ---> advanced settings , should work, it works with mine (i have the XFX nvidia 9600 GT)

Status
Not open for further replies.