Sign in with
Your question

dcom server process launcher

Last response: in Windows XP
September 20, 2011 7:41:47 AM

Hello my wife has an acer aspire 5532 she was using it last night and it was fine when she went to get on today it said that it was shut down wrong and when she went to the password screen she can put it in but after that the welcome screen comes up but it just stays there with the ring swirling when it did finally come up it said "you are about to be logged off windows must now restart because the dcom server launcher service terminated unexpectedly" does anybody know how to get this thing up and running again
September 20, 2011 2:17:01 PM

majjamx5 said:
Hello my wife has an acer aspire 5532 she was using it last night and it was fine when she went to get on today it said that it was shut down wrong and when she went to the password screen she can put it in but after that the welcome screen comes up but it just stays there with the ring swirling when it did finally come up it said "you are about to be logged off windows must now restart because the dcom server launcher service terminated unexpectedly" does anybody know how to get this thing up and running again

Try getting into safe mode (F8) during startup and select last good configuration.
m
l
September 21, 2011 7:02:55 AM

i got to the safe mode and after entering in password it goes to the welcome screen and just stays there then after a while it restarts but will not finish logging in. Any other suggestions are welcome she has a lot of things that she does not want to loose on this laptop. Thanks in advance.
m
l
!