XP Slow Boot Up

munyc

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
Any idea to speed up XP booting process? My system is P4 2.4 cpu, 1gb RAM & no games are installed. Currently its take about 1++ minute to boot up.

Go to your startup tab (msconfig) and uncheck anything you don't need loaded at startup.

munyc

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

I mean after POST, window from running bar to log in screen take about 1.5 minute. Is it window loading something during running bar process? I did tried disable most of the startup service & still the same.

then you should have been more specific.

munyc

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

Here are the program that I allow to start
but I don't know how to insert the System Config Screen print screen to this forum? What is the step

upload your screen shot (jpg) usually to a free photo hosting site like imageshack, photo bucket. They provide links which you can then copy/paste into your reply.

ps: I run a 2.4 gHz and don't think that lapse is so bad.

munyc

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
I'm not sure whether the image can be seen. Here are the link for my Systen Config Utility setting

systemconfigutility.jpg

I did use AVG Free edition & Malwarebyte to scan whole computer in safe mode. Both done their jobs & nothing found.

My friend pc where also using same as mine but on 2.8Gh cpu. Booting time only take about 40++ seconds.