Sign in with
Your question

Which CPU Cooler fits LGA 1155 with RAM Cooler installed?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 20, 2011 11:36:49 PM

The title says it all. Possibly one I do not need to lap..

For instance, I found these to be adequate if no fans installed, just one fan installed, or no additional fan installed depending on the model:

• Prolimatech megahalem
  • Prolimatech Armageddon
  • Thermalright Venomous-X
  • Thermaltake ISGC-200

Any missing quality Cooler? Which one do you consider more appropriate?

Update:
  • Thermaltake ISGC-200
  • Thermolab BARAM2010

My specific motherboard is GA-P67A-UD5 and RAM cooler is G.Skill Turbulence II

Thank you in advance!
  • More about : cpu cooler fits lga 1155 ram cooler installed

January 21, 2011 1:35:13 AM

Thanks for the reply.. Meanwhile I'm adding these two on the list..

Thermaltake ISGC-200
    Thermolab BARAM2010
    Related resources
    a c 242 K Overclocking
    January 21, 2011 2:02:28 AM

if you like i prefer for best HSF for intel see in : this many review & compare

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=234...

compare temperature all

this good cooler for you :
    - Noctua NH-D14
    - Tuniq tower 120 Extreme
    - Silver Arrow
    Don't forget buy Thermal Paste As5 it's best for HSF
    January 21, 2011 2:33:42 AM

I thought MX-2 was the best?!

I have to import Tuniq tower 120 Extreme on this side of the world..
    I still doubt that NH-D14 will give the RAM Cooler enough space to install. Have you tried it? Or know someone that had tried?

For the price and fitting risk right now I'm leaning towards Thermolab BARAM 2010, if no one come and smack me with a personal experience with the socket and these cpu & ram cooling :D 
    a c 242 K Overclocking
    January 21, 2011 2:48:20 AM

experience about Heatspreader RM not fit and not enough space with HSF,... ?
    install system use slot 1 and then remove my ram from 1 & 2 to 3 & 4 (it's depend on Mobo socket dual channel just see same color ) no problem with my system !
    till now my Ram in Slot 3 & 4 Oc 4Ghz stable!
    January 21, 2011 3:34:56 AM

Wait, wait.. It's not just the heat spreader. As I specified in the first post, it's the RAM Cooler, in my case, G.Skill Turbulence II which is from 9 to 10 cm high when it's installed on the RAM slots! :D 

If it's only the heat spreader, I know that with NH-D14, 4 Ripjaws will fit under it with some fan tweaks.
    a c 242 K Overclocking
    January 21, 2011 5:03:13 AM

sorry

that... is

January 21, 2011 8:17:06 AM

All right, I am between Prolimatech Megahalems and Prolimatech Armageddon, but with the small price difference I think I would go with the former. Thanks!
    April 15, 2011 3:18:36 PM

Hyper 212+, H50, H70, custom loop.
    April 15, 2011 4:45:33 PM

kadombing said:
    All right, I am between Prolimatech Megahalems and Prolimatech Armageddon, but with the small price difference I think I would go with the former. Thanks!

don't forget thermalright archon as well as custom water loops (if you can afford) btw best TIM is indigo xtreme
    a b K Overclocking
    April 15, 2011 7:34:05 PM

I have the Prolimatech Armageddon with 2 140mm Gelid 80cm fans installed in a push pull setup. I was able to put my tall ram in the 1st ram slot without it hitting the fan on my heatsink. I also have room to put a aftermarket cooler for my ram if i wanted. The Prolimatech Armageddon is a very good cooler. I would say it's just as good as the Prolimatech Megahalems without you worring about having tall ram. My i5 2500k at 4.2ghz at 1.2volts on prime 95 torture test for 4 hours it got a amazing 50c average. I would recommend this cooler especially if your gonna go air and installing tall ram. Hope this helps.

Here's a picture of my 1st build with the heatsink installed. But i only had 1 fan on it at the time. I ended up buying another Gelid 140mm fan and a new graphics card.

http://www.myphotos.yahoo.com/s/20zwi8fye0ub1y1gw6ys

Also svc.com has the Armageddon on sale for $49.99...That's where i bought mine..

http://www.svc.com/armageddon.html

Gelid fans 140mm fans.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I would say these fans are better then the Noctua fans because it pushes a ton of air and it's very quite. Also very very easy to clean.

a b K Overclocking
    April 15, 2011 7:34:21 PM

get the armageddon.

!