Sign in with
Your question

Restoring default settings after using Asus TurboV EVO Fine Tuner

Last response: in Overclocking
January 21, 2011 12:23:38 AM

I was trying out the auto tuning software that came with my computer and I ended up using the fine tuner, which I didn't realize at the time made the changes stick around after a reboot :o 

I'd like to change the settings back to the default but I don't know exactly how. I know it has something to do with the BIOS, but I'm not sure where or what to do once I get there. Detailed step by step directions would be greatly appreciated.
January 21, 2011 1:00:25 AM

Most motherboards have 3 CMOS pins with pins 1 and 2 covered (for the life of me can't remember what the little piece is called). Anyway, you can turn off the computer, then move the piece to cover pins 2 and 3. Turn on then off and that should reset everything to factory default. Alternative is to remove the motherboard battery for about 15 minutes and it should default (Darn, still can't remember the name of that piece :) )
m
l
January 21, 2011 1:04:14 AM

The piece is called a "jumper" Duh
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2011 5:13:04 AM

Is there no way to just reset factory settings in BIOS without opening up the computer?
m
l
January 21, 2011 6:34:36 AM

Opened up the computer, popped out the CMOS battery and put it back in. Restored BIOS default settings, but now my computer freezes randomly! Help!
m
l
a c 241 K Overclocking
January 21, 2011 6:52:08 AM

- remove PSU from AC, & clear Cmos ! it' safe ly... when clear Cmos No electric !
- test your RAM wit software memtes86+ : in : http://www.memtest86.com/ if u have 2 stick test one by one
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 21, 2011 5:44:39 PM

howardcc said:
Opened up the computer, popped out the CMOS battery and put it back in. Restored BIOS default settings, but now my computer freezes randomly! Help!

Where is it freezing? Can you get into windows?
m
l
!