Restoring default settings after using Asus TurboV EVO Fine Tuner

I was trying out the auto tuning software that came with my computer and I ended up using the fine tuner, which I didn't realize at the time made the changes stick around after a reboot :o

I'd like to change the settings back to the default but I don't know exactly how. I know it has something to do with the BIOS, but I'm not sure where or what to do once I get there. Detailed step by step directions would be greatly appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about restoring default settings asus turbov fine tuner
  1. Most motherboards have 3 CMOS pins with pins 1 and 2 covered (for the life of me can't remember what the little piece is called). Anyway, you can turn off the computer, then move the piece to cover pins 2 and 3. Turn on then off and that should reset everything to factory default. Alternative is to remove the motherboard battery for about 15 minutes and it should default (Darn, still can't remember the name of that piece :))
  2. The piece is called a "jumper" Duh
  3. Is there no way to just reset factory settings in BIOS without opening up the computer?
  4. Opened up the computer, popped out the CMOS battery and put it back in. Restored BIOS default settings, but now my computer freezes randomly! Help!
  5. - remove PSU from AC, & clear Cmos ! it' safe ly... when clear Cmos No electric !
    - test your RAM wit software memtes86+ : in : http://www.memtest86.com/ if u have 2 stick test one by one
  6. howardcc said:
    Opened up the computer, popped out the CMOS battery and put it back in. Restored BIOS default settings, but now my computer freezes randomly! Help!

Where is it freezing? Can you get into windows?
Ask a new question

Read More

Default Tuner Overclocking