salvati0n

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
So, just building my first come less than a month ago, decided it was time to add more fans. I bought a second fan for mt Hyper 212+, and a side 200mm fan for my HAF 922 case. I didn't recieve clips to attach the HSF to my HS, how should I do this? Also, should my side panel fan be intake or exhaust? I currently have 1x intake(bottom front) and 2x exhaust top, back. I know this is a newb question, but thus far you guys have been very good to me, whilst not bashing me.

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
attach the fans with whatever the other fans where attached with...if there were any there before...look through your case box to see if you can find any clips or screws to attach the fans...and the side fan should be an intake fan...

salvati0n

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Thanks guys, I'm stupid and was picturing a different kind of clip in my mind, found them with the excess supplies. Ended up getting both installed, along with a quick cleaning of all the other fans. The side intake had some clearance issues with the GPU's power cables, but some new ziptying and that was solved. Reset my bios to stock to check the temps, was running a frosty 25C, and 39C under HyperPI. Redid my OC's and got it to 3.7 with stock voltage, still running 25-27C. I doubt I'll take it any higher than that.