Best phone for battery life?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
February 18, 2005 5:52:09 AM

I had a Nokia 6340 for just over 2 years and it was great for battery life.
I maybe charged it once a week. I only talk on it 2-3 hours a week... So
last week I decided to update and got the Moto v551. I charged it Monday
night and by Wednesday at 11a.m. it was beeping and flashing low battery.
And that was only with 45 min of talking. A phone that only lasts 36 hours
is not reasonable to me.

Anyway, I'm putting the Moto through some full discharge/charge cycles to
see if battery life improves. If not, it's going to be taken back to the
store for something else. Any recs? Preferably with Bluetooth...

More about : phone battery life

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 6:41:17 AM

In article <tLcRd.787$Yf5.236166@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
"tma" <trimicada@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I had a Nokia 6340 for just over 2 years and it was great for battery life.
> I maybe charged it once a week. I only talk on it 2-3 hours a week... So
> last week I decided to update and got the Moto v551. I charged it Monday
> night and by Wednesday at 11a.m. it was beeping and flashing low battery.
> And that was only with 45 min of talking. A phone that only lasts 36 hours
> is not reasonable to me.
>
> Anyway, I'm putting the Moto through some full discharge/charge cycles to
> see if battery life improves. If not, it's going to be taken back to the
> store for something else. Any recs? Preferably with Bluetooth...

If you leave Bluetooth on all the time, short times between charges is
the norm.
February 18, 2005 7:02:26 AM

Actually, Bluetooth was off when it died after 36hrs. I plan to get a
Bluetooth headset to go with the phone but haven't yet, so I made sure BT
was off.

> In article <tLcRd.787$Yf5.236166@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
> "tma" <trimicada@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I had a Nokia 6340 for just over 2 years and it was great for battery
life.
> > I maybe charged it once a week. I only talk on it 2-3 hours a week...
So
> > last week I decided to update and got the Moto v551. I charged it
Monday
> > night and by Wednesday at 11a.m. it was beeping and flashing low
battery.
> > And that was only with 45 min of talking. A phone that only lasts 36
hours
> > is not reasonable to me.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm putting the Moto through some full discharge/charge cycles
> > see if battery life improves. If not, it's going to be taken back to
the
> > store for something else. Any recs? Preferably with Bluetooth...
>
> If you leave Bluetooth on all the time, short times between charges is
> the norm.
February 18, 2005 11:19:06 AM

"tma" <trimicada@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
|I had a Nokia 6340 for just over 2 years and it was great for battery life.
| I maybe charged it once a week. I only talk on it 2-3 hours a week... So
| last week I decided to update and got the Moto v551. I charged it Monday
| night and by Wednesday at 11a.m. it was beeping and flashing low battery.
| And that was only with 45 min of talking. A phone that only lasts 36
hours
| is not reasonable to me.
|
| Anyway, I'm putting the Moto through some full discharge/charge cycles to
| see if battery life improves. If not, it's going to be taken back to the
| store for something else. Any recs? Preferably with Bluetooth...

Possibily a bad battery. With moderate usage (20-30 minutes per day), I get
about 5-6 days on my v551 before the battery meter hits one bar.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 11:24:08 AM

I have a 6230 with bluetooth on all the time. Never noticed an appreciable
reduction of battery life. Your location, transmit power, volume,
screensaver, backlight, etc will likely have a bigger effect than bluetooth.

> In article <tLcRd.787$Yf5.236166@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
> "tma" <trimicada@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I had a Nokia 6340 for just over 2 years and it was great for battery
>> life.
>> I maybe charged it once a week. I only talk on it 2-3 hours a week...
>> So
>> last week I decided to update and got the Moto v551. I charged it Monday
>> night and by Wednesday at 11a.m. it was beeping and flashing low battery.
>> And that was only with 45 min of talking. A phone that only lasts 36
>> hours
>> is not reasonable to me.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm putting the Moto through some full discharge/charge cycles to
>> see if battery life improves. If not, it's going to be taken back to the
>> store for something else. Any recs? Preferably with Bluetooth...
>
> If you leave Bluetooth on all the time, short times between charges is
> the norm.
February 19, 2005 2:28:02 PM

you just got it, give it a few weeks, the newer batteries get better after a
few charges..
also 3 days is really good for a motorola.. the batteries motorola uses are
really tiny.
whats wrong with charging it every night when you sleep??

"tma" <trimicada@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I had a Nokia 6340 for just over 2 years and it was great for battery
life.
> I maybe charged it once a week. I only talk on it 2-3 hours a week... So
> last week I decided to update and got the Moto v551. I charged it Monday
> night and by Wednesday at 11a.m. it was beeping and flashing low battery.
> And that was only with 45 min of talking. A phone that only lasts 36
hours
> is not reasonable to me.
>
> Anyway, I'm putting the Moto through some full discharge/charge cycles to
> see if battery life improves. If not, it's going to be taken back to the
> store for something else. Any recs? Preferably with Bluetooth...

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 9:16:35 PM

try the philips xenium 650. it's unbeleivable for battery life.
i use it with cingular.

"tma" <trimicada@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I had a Nokia 6340 for just over 2 years and it was great for battery life.
> I maybe charged it once a week. I only talk on it 2-3 hours a week... So
> last week I decided to update and got the Moto v551. I charged it Monday
> night and by Wednesday at 11a.m. it was beeping and flashing low battery.
> And that was only with 45 min of talking. A phone that only lasts 36
> hours
> is not reasonable to me.
>
> Anyway, I'm putting the Moto through some full discharge/charge cycles to
> see if battery life improves. If not, it's going to be taken back to the
> store for something else. Any recs? Preferably with Bluetooth...

February 19, 2005 11:27:21 PM

I have the same issue with mine. Mine does the same thing. Last 36hrs. I
took it back and replaced the battery and it one time it lasted 2 days tops.

"tma" <trimicada@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I had a Nokia 6340 for just over 2 years and it was great for battery life.
> I maybe charged it once a week. I only talk on it 2-3 hours a week... So
> last week I decided to update and got the Moto v551. I charged it Monday
> night and by Wednesday at 11a.m. it was beeping and flashing low battery.
> And that was only with 45 min of talking. A phone that only lasts 36
> hours
> is not reasonable to me.
>
> Anyway, I'm putting the Moto through some full discharge/charge cycles to
> see if battery life improves. If not, it's going to be taken back to the
> store for something else. Any recs? Preferably with Bluetooth...

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:18:42 PM

V180 is great for battery life. It lasts for almost a week with normal use.
It does not have any bells and whistles like camera etc. It's very good
phone for people who just use the phone to make and receive calls.

Imran
http://www.mobileisgood.com

"tma" <trimicada@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I had a Nokia 6340 for just over 2 years and it was great for battery
life.
> I maybe charged it once a week. I only talk on it 2-3 hours a week... So
> last week I decided to update and got the Moto v551. I charged it Monday
> night and by Wednesday at 11a.m. it was beeping and flashing low battery.
> And that was only with 45 min of talking. A phone that only lasts 36
hours
> is not reasonable to me.
>
> Anyway, I'm putting the Moto through some full discharge/charge cycles to
> see if battery life improves. If not, it's going to be taken back to the
> store for something else. Any recs? Preferably with Bluetooth...

February 24, 2005 9:34:37 AM

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:18:42 -0600, "talksense" <imranraf@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>V180 is great for battery life. It lasts for almost a week with normal use.
>It does not have any bells and whistles like camera etc. It's very good
>phone for people who just use the phone to make and receive calls.

Wow! A whole week! My Nokia can go for two weeks without a recharge.

February 27, 2005 12:04:29 AM

Thanks. I am still testing the v551. After completely draining it twice,
it is doing better. I took it off the charger Monday morning and it has not
died yet. Still at 2 bars. This has been mostly on standby with several 5
minute calls confirming appointments, voice mail, etc. This is def. more
acceptable than my original experience.

Still have 2 weeks to make up my mind though.

!