The Solution for RivaTuner Sliders Resetting Themselves here...

JonDumela

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
I found this problem awhile back, probably over a year ago but it just happened again and I somehow managed to find the solution myself by looking through the program. You just have to go into the Power User tab, then go down to RivaTuner\Nvidia\Overclocking... or whatever card you have I guess. Then make sure to right click on DisableMemClkResetProtection and click on the yellow lightbulb. This will give it a value of 1 and now the sliders won't reset. Hope this helps anyone on google who searches because I think this thread has been the top response on google for this problem for awhile.

Yes I posted this answer in another thread but thought since it was on page two I would make one of my own for people to find easily. Not sure how to add tags to this thread so I'll just add text below this...

( Overclocking GTX 260, Overclocking sliders reset, resetting themselves, RivaTuner Sliders, Won't Move, Snap Back, When I click ok, as soon as, apply )

JonDumela

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Yes latest version and I forgot that the Core clock has to be at least half of what the Core clock is and the adjustments have to be made slowly so the computer can handle it, if you try to move it too much it will still reset itself.

JonDumela

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Oh and I thought I would just mention, For awhile my computer kept crashing with the blue screen of death, and I thought it was from me trying to overclock since I'd never done it before. I found out that overclocking had nothing to do with it, it was actually the type of device I was using to connect to the internet, it's called pluglink. Its a little black square thing with an interent dsl cord you plug into your computer, then you just plug it up to a socket and it runs your interent connection through the electrical wiring in your house. THESE ARE TERRIBLE DEVICES, DO NOT USE THEM! It was cutting out our TV service and killing my PC and we couldn't figure it out for months until we finally got a good service guy from AT&T Uverse to come out and fix it.