Wired Internet Connection Keeps Temporarily Disconnecting

wexer9

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
My wired Internet connection periodically disconnects for 2 or so seconds before automatically reconnecting. I use a router. Sometimes, after reconnecting, it will say I have "limited or no connectivity" before connecting fully again a second or so later.

This happens once every half hour or so, although it some times happens more frequently or less frequently.

I have checked the plugs and wires that connect my computer to the router, and they appear to be fine. I have also tried disconnecting the router, leaving it for a few minutes, and reconnecting. After logging out and logging back in, it still has the problem.

Often it disconnects every 5 minutes or so, which disrupts my downloads and often forces me to start over.

It doesn't change anything when someone calls me. It's never disconnected during a phone call.

I doubt it's the router either, as there are a couple other computers in the house on it that do not have this problem.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

nowwhatnapster

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
Update your network drivers, if you bought your PC from dell or something go to their website and download the latest drivers.

or if your pc is home built you will need to go to the motherboard manufacturers website and download the latest network drivers.

or if your network port is not integrated into the motherboard you need to go to the manufactuer of your network card's website and get the latest drivers.

if drivers dont fix it post back.