TS2 medieval

I'm looking for medieval skins and furniture to satisfy my castle building
urges. Any suggestions where to look ? ;)

MTS2 has bunches of stuff, including a medieval fair.
You just need to go thru the forums.

"Glycerine" <dontspamme@my.mail> wrote in message
> I'm looking for medieval skins and furniture to satisfy my castle building
> urges. Any suggestions where to look ? ;)

Yes.MTS2 has some Medieval stuff on downloads/clothing and outfits: pages
34-35-36-40-41-42-45-50-54-56 :)
Hope they are what you're looking for

There's also some on the Simsresource site under Sets/Clothing on pages
5-15-25-26-28-32.
There may be more but these are ones I know of.

Am Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:31:25 +0200 schrieb Glycerine:

> I'm looking for medieval skins and furniture to satisfy my castle building
> urges. Any suggestions where to look ? ;)

You should check out Pico's Multwear:
http://www.picosims2.cjb.net/
Medieval and fantasy and other stuff, very nicely done :)

Dorte

Jo

I clicked on this link Dorte and my anti virus program picked up an
immediate trojan from this site.... just beware...

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

Am Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:56:28 +1000 schrieb jo:

> I clicked on this link Dorte and my anti virus program picked up an
> immediate trojan from this site.... just beware...
>
> ~ jo

Weird, I've been using the site for weeks now and I have a firewall and I
daily update my virus definitions for my scanner and I never had any
warnings.

Dorte

Jo

It was definately from there.... as soon as I opened the page and tried to
click on fashion my anti virus picked it up..... it said clearly that it
was from that website. I didn't have any other websites open either. It
was a trojan virus that was difficult to get rid of but after spending a few
hours and various programs quarantining the damn thing it's gone..... just
a warning to beware :)

Am Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:58:40 +1000 schrieb jo:

> It was definately from there.... as soon as I opened the page and tried to
> click on fashion my anti virus picked it up..... it said clearly that it
> was from that website. I didn't have any other websites open either. It
> was a trojan virus that was difficult to get rid of but after spending a few
> hours and various programs quarantining the damn thing it's gone..... just
> a warning to beware :)
>
> ~ jo

I totally believe you, I'm just very concerned that my system might be
infected and the trojan is blocking my virus scanner from protecting it :/
how can I find out without setting up a new system?
It is strange anyway because the site is a genuine one, the makers are
active at modthesims2.com and I doubt they'd spread a virus on purpose.
Maybe they've been hacked and don't know about it.

Dorte

Janice

> Am Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:58:40 +1000 schrieb jo:
>
>> It was definately from there.... as soon as I opened the page and tried
>> click on fashion my anti virus picked it up..... it said clearly that
>> it
>> was from that website. I didn't have any other websites open either. It
>> was a trojan virus that was difficult to get rid of but after spending a
>> few
>> hours and various programs quarantining the damn thing it's gone.....
>> just
>> a warning to beware :)
>>
>> ~ jo
>
> I totally believe you, I'm just very concerned that my system might be
> infected and the trojan is blocking my virus scanner from protecting it :/
> how can I find out without setting up a new system?
> It is strange anyway because the site is a genuine one, the makers are
> active at modthesims2.com and I doubt they'd spread a virus on purpose.
> Maybe they've been hacked and don't know about it.
>
> Dorte

Some virus programs and trojan detectors are over zealous and detect where
there is none because a name of a file is similar or the same as a real
trojan. I checked over the site's source code and nothing looks out of the
ordinary. None of my programs popped up with any warnings.

Jo

Ok it was a TROJ_AGENT.QI... was definately picked up from that site when I
clicked on Fashion in the downloads bar. I ran a complete virus scan after
it picked it up. I also ran adaware, spybot, and microsoft antispy as there
had been a message from my anti virus that it was unable to quarantine it.
I was in a bit of a kerfuddle but eventually it was quarantined and then
deleted. I am not for one moment suggesting that the owners of the site
placed something malicious deliberately, but the possibility they had been
hacked is still there.... and if it's clear now according to janice, then
perhaps they had been made aware of it and had it fixed? Who knows? I just
know that it is definately where the trojan that my machine had came from.

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
"Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
> Am Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:58:40 +1000 schrieb jo:
>
>> It was definately from there.... as soon as I opened the page and tried
>> click on fashion my anti virus picked it up..... it said clearly that
>> it
>> was from that website. I didn't have any other websites open either. It
>> was a trojan virus that was difficult to get rid of but after spending a
>> few
>> hours and various programs quarantining the damn thing it's gone.....
>> just
>> a warning to beware :)
>>
>> ~ jo
>
> I totally believe you, I'm just very concerned that my system might be
> infected and the trojan is blocking my virus scanner from protecting it :/
> how can I find out without setting up a new system?
> It is strange anyway because the site is a genuine one, the makers are
> active at modthesims2.com and I doubt they'd spread a virus on purpose.
> Maybe they've been hacked and don't know about it.
>
> Dorte

Okay, pico has had this problem before............I think it has something
to do with host and the ads that are shown there.
But I just checked it out with firefox browser and nothing was caught or
picked up. Might be a good idea to contact the webmaster too about it, as
that will do a lot more than yelling about it here.

"jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Ok it was a TROJ_AGENT.QI... was definately picked up from that site when
> clicked on Fashion in the downloads bar. I ran a complete virus scan
after
> it picked it up. I also ran adaware, spybot, and microsoft antispy as
there
> had been a message from my anti virus that it was unable to quarantine it.
> I was in a bit of a kerfuddle but eventually it was quarantined and then
> deleted. I am not for one moment suggesting that the owners of the site
> placed something malicious deliberately, but the possibility they had been
> hacked is still there.... and if it's clear now according to janice, then
> perhaps they had been made aware of it and had it fixed? Who knows? I
just
> know that it is definately where the trojan that my machine had came from.
>
> ~ jo
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
> "Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
> > Am Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:58:40 +1000 schrieb jo:
> >
> >> It was definately from there.... as soon as I opened the page and tried
> >> click on fashion my anti virus picked it up..... it said clearly that
> >> it
> >> was from that website. I didn't have any other websites open either.
It
> >> was a trojan virus that was difficult to get rid of but after spending
> >> few
> >> hours and various programs quarantining the damn thing it's gone.....
> >> just
> >> a warning to beware :)
> >>
> >> ~ jo
> >
> > I totally believe you, I'm just very concerned that my system might be
> > infected and the trojan is blocking my virus scanner from protecting it
:/
> > how can I find out without setting up a new system?
> > It is strange anyway because the site is a genuine one, the makers are
> > active at modthesims2.com and I doubt they'd spread a virus on purpose.
> > Maybe they've been hacked and don't know about it.
> >
> > Dorte

Some of these bugs get downloaded to your computer from elsewhere and attach
themselves to any file that's handy. I got one I thought came from TSR some
time ago but hadn't. Some even attach themselves to Bookmarks in your
Favorites list.
I suggest you use something like SpywareBlaster (new version out) and
Spybot - Search and Destroy to block such stuff.
This gives links to major download sites for lots of useful stuff besides.
(MajorGeeks recommended).
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

> Okay, pico has had this problem before............I think it has something
> to do with host and the ads that are shown there.
> But I just checked it out with firefox browser and nothing was caught or
> picked up. Might be a good idea to contact the webmaster too about it, as
> that will do a lot more than yelling about it here.
>
> "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Ok it was a TROJ_AGENT.QI... was definately picked up from that site when
>> clicked on Fashion in the downloads bar. I ran a complete virus scan
> after
>> it picked it up. I also ran adaware, spybot, and microsoft antispy as
> there
>> had been a message from my anti virus that it was unable to quarantine
>> it.
>> I was in a bit of a kerfuddle but eventually it was quarantined and then
>> deleted. I am not for one moment suggesting that the owners of the site
>> placed something malicious deliberately, but the possibility they had
>> been
>> hacked is still there.... and if it's clear now according to janice,
>> then
>> perhaps they had been made aware of it and had it fixed? Who knows? I
> just
>> know that it is definately where the trojan that my machine had came
>> from.
>>
>> ~ jo
>>
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
>> "Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message

> It

>> > I totally believe you, I'm just very concerned that my system might be
>> > infected and the trojan is blocking my virus scanner from protecting it
> :/
>> > how can I find out without setting up a new system?
>> > It is strange anyway because the site is a genuine one, the makers are
>> > active at modthesims2.com and I doubt they'd spread a virus on purpose.
>> > Maybe they've been hacked and don't know about it.
>> >
>> > Dorte

Janice

That is why I love firefox ;-)

> Okay, pico has had this problem before............I think it has something
> to do with host and the ads that are shown there.
> But I just checked it out with firefox browser and nothing was caught or
> picked up. Might be a good idea to contact the webmaster too about it, as
> that will do a lot more than yelling about it here.
>
> "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Ok it was a TROJ_AGENT.QI... was definately picked up from that site when
>> clicked on Fashion in the downloads bar. I ran a complete virus scan
> after
>> it picked it up. I also ran adaware, spybot, and microsoft antispy as
> there
>> had been a message from my anti virus that it was unable to quarantine
>> it.
>> I was in a bit of a kerfuddle but eventually it was quarantined and then
>> deleted. I am not for one moment suggesting that the owners of the site
>> placed something malicious deliberately, but the possibility they had
>> been
>> hacked is still there.... and if it's clear now according to janice,
>> then
>> perhaps they had been made aware of it and had it fixed? Who knows? I
> just
>> know that it is definately where the trojan that my machine had came
>> from.
>>
>> ~ jo
>>
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
>> "Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message

> It

>> > I totally believe you, I'm just very concerned that my system might be
>> > infected and the trojan is blocking my virus scanner from protecting it
> :/
>> > how can I find out without setting up a new system?
>> > It is strange anyway because the site is a genuine one, the makers are
>> > active at modthesims2.com and I doubt they'd spread a virus on purpose.
>> > Maybe they've been hacked and don't know about it.
>> >
>> > Dorte

Janice

Jo,

Did it say where it found it on your machine (location not site).
Sometimes cookies and other stuff in your temporary internet files are
considered spyware/trojans since they are tracking information about your
browsing habits on the site. I noticed at the bottom they have an icon for
some sort of site tracking. This might be what it caught. If you are
running WinXP download and install the new Microsoft anti spyware program
that runs in the background
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx And,
if you are running IE I recommend you switch to Firefox. There are lots of
little extensions that block things like ads and pop ups.

"jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Ok it was a TROJ_AGENT.QI... was definately picked up from that site when
> I clicked on Fashion in the downloads bar. I ran a complete virus scan
> after it picked it up. I also ran adaware, spybot, and microsoft antispy
> as there had been a message from my anti virus that it was unable to
> quarantine it. I was in a bit of a kerfuddle but eventually it was
> quarantined and then deleted. I am not for one moment suggesting that the
> owners of the site placed something malicious deliberately, but the
> possibility they had been hacked is still there.... and if it's clear now
> according to janice, then perhaps they had been made aware of it and had
> it fixed? Who knows? I just know that it is definately where the trojan
> that my machine had came from.
>
> ~ jo
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
> "Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
>> Am Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:58:40 +1000 schrieb jo:
>>
>>> It was definately from there.... as soon as I opened the page and tried
>>> click on fashion my anti virus picked it up..... it said clearly that
>>> it
>>> was from that website. I didn't have any other websites open either.
>>> It
>>> was a trojan virus that was difficult to get rid of but after spending a
>>> few
>>> hours and various programs quarantining the damn thing it's gone.....
>>> just
>>> a warning to beware :)
>>>
>>> ~ jo
>>
>> I totally believe you, I'm just very concerned that my system might be
>> infected and the trojan is blocking my virus scanner from protecting it
>> :/
>> how can I find out without setting up a new system?
>> It is strange anyway because the site is a genuine one, the makers are
>> active at modthesims2.com and I doubt they'd spread a virus on purpose.
>> Maybe they've been hacked and don't know about it.
>>
>> Dorte

Ah, thanks to all of you... my medieval neighbourhood is really starting to
take shape now! :)

"Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> schreef in bericht
> Am Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:31:25 +0200 schrieb Glycerine:
>
> > I'm looking for medieval skins and furniture to satisfy my castle
building
> > urges. Any suggestions where to look ? ;)
>
> You should check out Pico's Multwear:
> http://www.picosims2.cjb.net/
> Medieval and fantasy and other stuff, very nicely done :)
>
> Dorte

That is probably why I did not get any notice. I have both spybot and
spyware blaster and am well protected :)