Control the user to open multiple application (EXE)

June 1, 2004 11:20:31 PM

Hi,

Need some assistance as following :

If let say i would like to control / restric the user to
open multiple of a single program, how should i go about
it ?

(example : After i have already open one of the
application (Ms Word - Winword.exe) on my PC, when the
second time i have click on the same shortcut icon again,
it will not open up the new Word application, however it
will maximize the existing Word application which is
opened earlier on.)

Thanks
..
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 3:28:55 AM

Depends on application. Microsoft has introduced separate windows for every
document in Office 2000, but then updated Office Xp and 2k3 with an option
to turn off this feature.
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 3:28:56 AM

Hi,

for this features, i just given one of the example (Ms
Word),

The things is actually i would like to restrict on others
EXE file. Other application from 3rd party software.

Do anyone know how to do this ? or how to modified the
registry ?

Thanks

June 2, 2004 1:47:55 PM

Just curious what kind of application you're talking about. I got around 100
applications and no-one of them opens in the separate window, unless it's
Internet and Windows Explorers (they're tightly bound).
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 9:45:26 PM

Hi,

The application i need to run is TinyTerm.
This software is use to have a Telnet Session with Unix
Server. (e.g. : Sun Server).

TQ

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 6:12:46 AM

Ah, terminal emulator... From the client perspective it must allow as much
as needed simultaneous connections to the mainframe or remote server. From
the server side these connections are ambivalent. I believe you can limit
connections on the server side, i.e. 'one logon - one session'.
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 6:12:47 AM

Hi,

I already checked with the vendor (for the Server - SUN),
according to them, the Server unable to configure this.

So they advise that, look into the application software
that we are using.

TQ

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 9:33:28 PM

Vendor! Does he provide a programming for you or only a hardware and basic
OS support? If they do support everything, call support management and tell
them you're disappointed/frustrated/angry. Any kid working on UN*X can
script basic tasks. IIRC, it might be something like

export LOGLIMIT=1
export COUNT=`who | grep ${LOGNAME} | wc -l`
if [${COUNT} -gt ${LOGLIMIT}]; then
clear
echo;echo Get lost, you're already in!
sleep 5
exit 1
fi

I am reluctant to make more effort, so you can ask in comp.unix.* groups
instead of microsoft.*.
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 9:15:27 PM

Hi,

I was very happy you have give me the example as following.
Anyway, where should i add in the following in Sun Server ?

TQ

!