Control the user to open multiple application (EXE)

Hi,

Need some assistance as following :

If let say i would like to control / restric the user to
open multiple of a single program, how should i go about
it ?

(example : After i have already open one of the
application (Ms Word - Winword.exe) on my PC, when the
second time i have click on the same shortcut icon again,
it will not open up the new Word application, however it
will maximize the existing Word application which is
opened earlier on.)

Thanks
..
9 answers Last reply
More about control user open multiple application

    Depends on application. Microsoft has introduced separate windows for every
    document in Office 2000, but then updated Office Xp and 2k3 with an option
    to turn off this feature.

    Hi,

    for this features, i just given one of the example (Ms
    Word),

    The things is actually i would like to restrict on others
    EXE file. Other application from 3rd party software.

    Do anyone know how to do this ? or how to modified the
    registry ?

    Thanks

    Just curious what kind of application you're talking about. I got around 100
    applications and no-one of them opens in the separate window, unless it's
    Internet and Windows Explorers (they're tightly bound).

    Hi,

    The application i need to run is TinyTerm.
    This software is use to have a Telnet Session with Unix
    Server. (e.g. : Sun Server).

    TQ

    Ah, terminal emulator... From the client perspective it must allow as much
    as needed simultaneous connections to the mainframe or remote server. From
    the server side these connections are ambivalent. I believe you can limit
    connections on the server side, i.e. 'one logon - one session'.
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Hi,

    I already checked with the vendor (for the Server - SUN),
    according to them, the Server unable to configure this.

    So they advise that, look into the application software
    that we are using.

    TQ

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Hi,

    I already checked with the vendor (for the Server - SUN),
    according to them, the Server unable to configure this.

    So they advise that, look into the application software
    that we are using.

    TQ

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Vendor! Does he provide a programming for you or only a hardware and basic
    OS support? If they do support everything, call support management and tell
    them you're disappointed/frustrated/angry. Any kid working on UN*X can
    script basic tasks. IIRC, it might be something like

    export LOGLIMIT=1
    export COUNT=`who | grep ${LOGNAME} | wc -l`
    if [${COUNT} -gt ${LOGLIMIT}]; then
    clear
    echo;echo Get lost, you're already in!
    sleep 5
    exit 1
    fi

    I am reluctant to make more effort, so you can ask in comp.unix.* groups
    instead of microsoft.*.
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Hi,

    I was very happy you have give me the example as following.
    Anyway, where should i add in the following in Sun Server ?

    TQ

Configuration Windows XP