How do I fix my explorer \

silberdickn

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
every time i hit a link in an email in my outlook it asks which program i want to open it with, previously it defaulted to explorer now I have to choose explorer, how do i fix the setting?

silberdickn

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

Thanks I have tried that but it keeps asking the same question each time i hit a link. Is there something in the settings in Tools that I should be using? N

When did this start? Did you have a virus or installed another browser? Is I.E. your default browser?

You can try to set I.E. to defaults but not sure if that will fix this file issue. If you go to Tools, Internet Options you'll see a button to set default settings.

silberdickn

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
it started about two weeks ago, I let Vaio which is the computer model I have from Sony do a clean up although I have Kspersky, As a result it started to ask me questions each time I hit a link in the emai. I thought it might have been Google Chrome which was installed on my computer when I bought it although I use I.E. Now I have to go through the drill, where do I find tools other than in Outlook because I did not see any internet connection options when I just went to the Tools on Outlook.