Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't overclock at all

Last response: in Overclocking
January 22, 2011 5:13:06 PM

No matter how little i overclock, my computer freezes at bios logo...could it be the power supply?
Here are some specs:

windows 7
Gtx 460 Superclocked
Intel e6850 core 2 duo @ 3.0 (stock)
Raidmax 530 watts
Asus cpu cooler( forgot the name)
4Gb ram
evga nforce 750i Sli mobo

Any help is appreciated...thanks

More about : overclock

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2011 8:47:21 PM

Ok I recommend getting the latest bios version of that board (to make sure you have the latest updates and fixes)

I found this bios update for the nForce750i SLI FTW, that should be your board http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/default.asp?switch=...

Then when you overclock make sure you change your ram divider or your ram frequency so it will run slower because when you overclock using the fsb it overclocks the ram as well and that could create the instability you're getting...
Also make sure that the ram timings and voltage is set to the recommended settings of the ram manufacturer before you actually start overlclocking...

If you keep getting instability try raising the cpu and northbridge voltages by a little...also try raising the pcie clock by a little, it some times help reach stability when overclocking...
January 28, 2011 11:43:57 PM

Best answer selected by johnco1992.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 28, 2011 11:47:02 PM

lol well you selected best answer...but did it help any? I hope it helped...if you have questions or nice benches poet em here... ;) 
m
l
!