wes2880

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011
I bought an ASRock Extreme6 mobo. for an intel 2600K with P67 chipset. I won't have the PC together for a few weeks though.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P67%20Extreme6&cat=Specifications]

The mobo has the Nvidia NP200 Chip on it, and they claim it "Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™ and SLI™"

Everybody is talking about Running SLI or crossfire and the limitations there, but no one has mentioned what happens to other x1 cards we want to run.

I will definately have one EVGA GTX 570 in the first slot. Which other slots are useful to me for other cards? Like a tv tuner and a sound card. and what happens to the speed?

If I was to run two GTX 570 cards in sli, and again, I know how the video cards will scale, but will I still be able to have a sound card and tv tuner, and it all run properly?

Dunno if this is a factor for P67 or not, but I'm not too worried if I lose USB 3.0 functionality, however I do need the SATA6 ports.

Will the NP200 chip help the other devices out (if needed) like it does the video cards in SLI?

I probably won't use SLI, but I might later. Or I may leave it alone until ivy bridge comes out, As if I upgrade to that, I can give my dad my old system (he needs it bad), which is just a fancy way of saying JUSTIFICATION for more new toys. :D

Edit: I already have the Extreme6 P67 board and the 2600k Processor. But I haven't bought anything else yet.