May 13, 2009
problem with my computer - crysis lags

XFX Geforce 280 gtx

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 4x 2.4GHz

Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 6000 MB CL5

Corsair Powersupply 650W Black,ATX/EPS

Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L, P43, Socket-775

I get only 19-25 fps. what is the problem ? please answer

Your only problem is the Very High graphics setting. Your 19-25FPS looks pretty average for your hardware and resolution.
Try graphics at High settings instead of Very High.
And maybe bump up the speed of your Q6600 from 2.4Ghz to 3.2Ghz, or maybe a bit more.

sefit

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Corsair 650Watt is one of the best PSU on the market and absolutely sufficiently feeding your GTX 280 unless you run SLI. Your settings in DX10 are too high. Check this out...
http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=775&p=4

19-25 is OK for what you have but you can boost you performance about couple of fps. In other games it can be even more visible. q6600 at 3.2 can is not big deal, buy good aftermarket cooler and thermal paste, read some guides.

good luck

PS. my advice - switch it to DX9 and make old good config trick (put very high settings instead of high, just google it...), game is looking absolutely same as in DX10 and fps are high (50)

@ Danielschill: Ususl first rules: Establish a baseline first: Reset your Bios to factory defaults and undo any overclocking. Update Windows and DirectX. DirectX does not update along with Windows, you need to go to the Micro$oft website for the latest version. Check in Task Manager for any items that are using CPU time your system could have a virus or worm or you may just have several startup programs running, in which case they should be shut down.
The next step is to download and install the latest drivers like this: Download the latest drivers, download and install either Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner and install. Set a restore point-this is importaint. Uninstall your existing drivers and restart in Safe Mode. Run the driver cleaner program but check what it is going to remove, these programs can wipe vital registry entries, so check carefully and deselect any items you are not sure of so they are not removed. Restart and install the new drivers.
The above may not cure the problem but it will get rid of the most common causes.
Note; Anti-virus sweeps are best run in Safe Mode, some strains can hide from or repair themselves after a sweep in normal Windows.

cybot_x1024

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008

Nice advice you got there sefit.

sefit

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
thanx cybot_x1024...I know that everyone wants to run crysis maxed out but this can be hardly achieved by nowadays GPUs. If I remember correctly crysis at very high (no AA) with this tweak on my old 8800GT at 1650*1080 was running at 30 - 35 fps...quite good playable. GTX280 can do much more of course and graphics quality at highest settings in DX9 compared to DX10 is practically same.

cybot_x1024

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008

;) Now we just need one of this tweaks for GTA4.