Intel Pentium D 945 Presler 3.4GHz vs. Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz

I know these are kind of older cores but I have no knowledge on processors. I originally had the core 2 I'm my system, but then I bought my parents a computer and it came with a Pentium d. I saw that it both was duel core and I saw the Pentium d had higher GHz and switched them out. But from what I here in these forums the core 2 is better. Which one is better and should I switch them both out again?
13 answers Last reply
More about intel pentium presler 4ghz intel core e6600 conroe 4ghz
  1. core 2 is roughly twice as fast as a pentium d, so a pentium d would have to be 4.8GHz to match the 2.4GHz core 2 duo
  2. Switch it back. The Core 2 Duo is way better.
  3. I find it strange that a person who knows how to swap out a processor doesn't know that a Core2 is better than a Pentium D...
  4. You sure you didn't swap those accidentally Psycho? The Core 2 Duo should win every time.
  5. I dunno, I think those P-Ds wer hawt
  6. I had a pentium d 940 and I can attest that the core 2 duo is far better of a processor no matter how high you oc the pentium d. No contest. Period...
  7. Quote:
    People see the high clock speed and automatically assume its better.

Let me just say that a 3.8Ghz Pentium D is much snappier then a 2.4Ghz C2D

That 3.8GHz Pentium D will also cook food better than your oven will. Try to OC the Conroe and see who wins.
  8. Heh, heh, heh. Even an AMD 4200X2 is faster than that Pentuim D.
    I thought that the Pentium D's made great popcorn.
  9. You can do whatever you want with the pentium d, it wont touch the c2d in any shape, form or fashion.

Butter anyone for your pentium d popcorn maker?
  10. Quote:
    I was talking stock clocks. I know how well the C2D can overclock

Really? Most of the benchmarks I've seen show the 2.4GHz Core beating even the really highly clocked PDs.
  11. How i can overclock my pentium D 945 ?
    please tell me software name..
  12. Quote:
    How i can overclock my pentium D 945 ?
    please tell me software name..

Don't highjack another thread.There are some software for overclocking CPU, but your motherboard has to support overclocking at first.
    Quote:

It will be faster only in single threaded applications.
  13. Tamz_msc said:
    Don't highjack another thread.There are some software for overclocking CPU, but your motherboard has to support overclocking at first.
    Quote:

It will be faster only in single threaded applications.

He was talking about how the name rolls off the tongue.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Pentium