Storage Card Media Library

April 22, 2005 12:59:05 PM

When trying to update my media library I receive the following error message.
Error Details: The Storage Card media library is corrupt and cannot accept
new entries. This only occurs on the SD Storage card and the problem began
when I tried to sync my songs with Windows Media Player. I also tried a
different storage card and the problem still persists. My Pocket PC is a
Garmin iQueM5. HELP!
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 23, 2005 12:38:33 AM

"Neal" <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| When trying to update my media library I receive the following error
message.
| Error Details: The Storage Card media library is corrupt and cannot
accept
| new entries. This only occurs on the SD Storage card and the problem
began
| when I tried to sync my songs with Windows Media Player. I also
tried a
| different storage card and the problem still persists. My Pocket PC
is a
| Garmin iQueM5. HELP!

run a disk checking utility- like scandisk or Norton Utilities Disk
Doctor on the PC. put the card in a card reader on your pc to those
utilities or look for similar ppc software- it's not as standard in the
ppc.
April 23, 2005 12:38:34 AM

I did run the scan disk utility like you suggested, but no change. Do you
have any other suggestions...I don't believe this is a disk related item.
I'm leaning towards a windows media player or MP3 conversion problem. I can
move word docs, excel, docs, but when I attemp to copy over a mp3 file I
receive this error...Cannot Convert file 'xxx'. A device attached to the
system is not fuctioning.

"alan smith" wrote:

> "Neal" <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | When trying to update my media library I receive the following error
> message.
> | Error Details: The Storage Card media library is corrupt and cannot
> accept
> | new entries. This only occurs on the SD Storage card and the problem
> began
> | when I tried to sync my songs with Windows Media Player. I also
> tried a
> | different storage card and the problem still persists. My Pocket PC
> is a
> | Garmin iQueM5. HELP!
>
> run a disk checking utility- like scandisk or Norton Utilities Disk
> Doctor on the PC. put the card in a card reader on your pc to those
> utilities or look for similar ppc software- it's not as standard in the
> ppc.

April 23, 2005 12:38:34 AM

Disregard my last post. I found out how to perform a hard reset for my
Garmin iQue M5. I usually use a hard reset as a last resort, but I spent
hours working on this thing. A hard reboot can be performed by pressing the
"RECORD" Button + "CONTACTS" Button and then "RESET" at the same time.

Thanks for your help.

!