ATI X1250 vs Radeon GF6200TC

GrievousAngel

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Hello all . . .

I have just installed a ASUS M2A-VM w/ AMD 40000+ 2.1GHz + ~4Gb of 667MHz ram (which has been waiting to be built for awhile now. The M2A-VM has a on-board ATI X1250 GPU, but I have nVIDIA GF6200TC PCI-E card that I could install but should I?

Which GPU (ATI X1250 or the nVIDIA GF6200TC) would perform best on the M2A-VM above?

I am guessing the GF6200TC but would like to know others with more experiences using both, etc.

BTW: I am better off (or can I) install one 2Gb 667MHz stick in A1 + one stick in B1? Conceptually I am not sure now the dual channel of memory relates to a dual core CPU like the AM2, I.E. Dual Channel of memory for a Dual Core CPU, right? I now have one stick in each A1 + A2 which the system sees as Single Channel. I would think that 2Gb in each channel would be better, I.E. Daul Channel. The reason I ask this is thaat the ASUS manual appears to suggest to populate A1 & A2 first.

I am sorry if i posted the same thread in two diff cateragies.

Thanks,
Billy

g3force

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

The OP didn't mention the use of the card.... I don't think you should jump to the conclusion that he needs a better card....
...I have just installed a ASUS M2A-VM w/ AMD 40000+ 2.1GHz + ~4Gb of 667MHz ram (which has been waiting to be built for awhile now. The M2A-VM has a on-board ATI X1250 GPU, but I have nVIDIA GF6200TC PCI-E card that I could install but should I?

Which GPU (ATI X1250 or the nVIDIA GF6200TC) would perform best on the M2A-VM above?

I am guessing the GF6200TC but would like to know others with more experiences using both, etc...
As I stated above, it depends on the use of the system. For basic office use/ video watching, both cards would be sufficient: I would actually lean towards the integrated chip to reduce noise (assuming the 6200 has a fan).
If your planning to game on this system, you want to look elsewhere. Both cards will not be able to run modern titles at moderate resolutions (if at all).
In terms of performance, a simple Google search will bring up benchmarks of the two cards.

VidsandSims

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
I am a moderate gamer and video editor--- Can only afford Premiere elements :( buts my current card it the ATI radeon x1250 and I need to upgrade or die of boredom... Can I upgrade the card if I am running on a AMD TUrion 64 x 2 2.0 ghz---stuck with this notebook for a while....