Need help with a new build!!!!!

humphryboggie

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I built my friend a new computer a couple of days ago, and I am still trying to work all of the bugs out of it. I am using Foxconn G31MV-K LGA 775 motherboard with onboard graphics, and I am using a 30" LCD tv as the monitor. The problem occurs after I install the vga drivers off of the disc, or from the website, after I restart the computer it will get to where Vista has the bar going accross the screen, then when it should show up the login screen the TV goes black and has not support in the top right corner. If I don't install the vga driver's it works just fine I have even tried at the lowest possible resolution 800x600. I don't believe the TV is 1080p I think it is 720p and I am hooked up by RGB cable (VGA). Any help would be great!

kspahr

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I would suggest installing the driver's using a secondary display and once you have it set up properly, then use the VGA cable to connect to the LCD TV, televisions can only display certain resolutions, and will go black when they are being sent an unsupported resolution.

humphryboggie

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Thank you for the input I will have to try it out. I know that the computer works on a second monitor I tried it when I first started having the problem. I guess I will have to research my friends TV and see what the right resolution is. Thank you again.