Not able to install graphic card on GA G31M-ES2l

devrahul

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Did you disable onboard vga in the bios?

Does your card require an external power connector that you left off?

Are you sure your plugging your monitor into the video card and not the mobo?
Hehe
Yes set it to PEG
No it does not require power conector (MSI HD 4650 )
Yes connecting to Graphic CARD VGA only.
Thanks

bilbat

Splendid
For once, Intel doesn't have the usual plethora of documentation for this - the driver notes simply say:

* 7. UNINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE

NOTE: This procedure assumes the above installation process was successful. This uninstallation procedure is specific only to the version of the driver and installation files included in this package.

For Graphics:

1. Click on the "Start" button, then click on the "Control Panel" icon, and then click on "Uninstall a Program".

2. Select Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Software

3. Click the "Uninstall/Change" button and press Continue to uninstall the driver.

Your response about the BIOS is a little unclear to me, and your BIOS is, well, kind of bizarre - I've never seen anything quite like this. I'm assuming you have, on the "Advanced BIOS Features" page, set "Init Display First" to "PEG"; however, the actual 'toggle' for the on-board graphics chipset doesn't appear to have a flat-out 'disable' setting - most peculiar! The setting you want is "Enable If No Ext PEG", but don't ask me why there isn't just a 'turn the damn thing off!' setting? Nor does it appear you can actually disable the frame buffer memory allocation... My best suggestion is drop a note to GB here:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx
and see if these ditzy BIOS options are 'fixed' in a later BIOS rev for your board...

You don't seem to have posted whether this is a rev 1.x or 2.x MOBO - either way, I see no specific mention of any vidchip corrections in the BIOS lists, but GB is not particularly astute when it comes to thoroughness in their changelogs...

devrahul

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

First i was not unable to uninstall this IGMA.
After numerous numerous tries ( using almost all method ) i formatted the window.
And in new installation i did not install IMGA.
And yes in my Bios si choose this
Init Display first to PEG
Version was 1.1
Even after fresh format i was not able to install the card.
I will drop them a note further and see what i get ?
You think this was a faulty board ? as i see man y people happy with this board and none reporting graphic card issue.
Thanks

devrahul

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Finally got my Mobo replaced and it is working now
Hey guys i overclocked my processor 3.8 ( no big deal )
But using ram DDR2 533 MHZ, yes i know that is quiet old module.
Well ain't got the budget for new, these are going costly these days....well yes they are for me for now.
Now i have gone insane and running this ram of 533 MHZ at 810 MHZ.
Though i am playing games fine but have not done and stress test as i don have a good heat sink.
But the thing i want to discuss is that for some reason i feel that this ram is handling well even at this insane overclock
Would like to know what can i use to make sure that ram is having no trouble at this speed.
I mean some tests that only test ram.
Ran mem test for like one hour and no issue.
Would like to know more about your thoughts.
Thanks