Best Fan Configration?

stevenplanet

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
b63m8z.jpg

Hi, above is my current fan configuration. I hope I am posting in the right message boards. Is there any improvements to be made? The green arrow is the fan that is blowing right into my graphics card from the side panel window. My case is the NZXT M59. The red arrow is the fan from my CPU cooler (Zalman 9900). The rest are just case fans. I was thinking about getting another fan next to my top fan. 120 mm, yes? All the fans are blue leds and I am using the NZXT Sentry 2 to control them all. Should I be switching my fans around? Is this the best airflow I can get? Also I'm thinking about replacing my fans since some of them are incompatible with the Sentry 2. They make weird buzzing sounds. Are there any good BLUE LED fans (120 mm) that can do the job? Thanks.

stevenplanet

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

Oh I see. So the fans are directed the right way, right? Also are there any good Blue LED 140 mm fan you recommend? Thanks.

What the image shows is a classic airflow configuration from bottom front to top rear. As Davcon already mendtioned you could add an exhaust fan to the top panel.

I've got a Lian Li / Dragon Lord K60 case. It came with two 140mm case fans already installed in the top panel. Ventilation, airflow, and cooling are excellent.

I'll give my two cents, I recently purchased a NZXT Phantom and my understanding is that their 140mm fans are not standard. So you may have to get the NZXT 140 to fit properly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146002

Also it is recommended to have either a positive air pressure or negative. Meaning that one should ensure their intake CFM's are greater than their exhaust or vice versa. This will increase airflow and reduce the formation of "dead air" pockets.

I found with my TRU on my X4 940 that it cooled a few degrees better when I moved the fan from pointing toward the top 200mm fan to the back exhaust direction. Food for thought, if you can change the direction your CPU fan is facing you may wish to try both ways and see if there is a difference.

TRENDING THREADS