No voltage control?

I have an AMD Athlon II X3 440 @ 3.3Ghz. I think that if I put my CPU voltage higher, I could get my CPU to run faster. I see were it says that my CPU voltage is 1.39v, but it seems to be locked. I can see it, but I can't change it. Also, what is CPU VID Control? I think that I could push my CPU further, because .3Ghz is not that much.
6 answers Last reply
More about voltage control
  1. if you want to lock it depends on what motherboard you must have the power now disabled, so the voltage of your voltage will not change significantly from 1:39 V , see in CPU-Z
    indeed true if the excess a little vCore will affect performance and stability of the overclock but increase the voltage without offset by increased FSB will cause the temperature is hotter than normal.
  2. Um, I really couldn't understand that very well. Sorry. How do I change my vCore voltage?
  3. depend on your mobo used.. go in bios try in CPU voltage set, what have your
    mobo ..?
  4. I have a Biostar Mcp6p M2+ MOBO. Are you American? I cannot really understand you very well, I am not trying to bash you.
  5. no. i'm not american..
    go bios / Performance Booster Zone / CPu voltage / any 4 option : default ,3.3%, +6.6%, +10%
    for increase voltage start at +3.3% but u alway check temperature.. for safely
  6. Well, gee, thanks ALOT! You just helped me figure out my CPU mystery. Really, it is much appreciated. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Overclocking