Sign in with
Your question

Ati 4870x2 10 11 overdrive failed

Last response: in Overclocking
January 23, 2011 9:32:51 PM

Hello,
I'm having some problems with my gpu ati 4870x2. Recently I installed 10.12 driver and had a serious fps drop with some games, so i uninstalled 10.12 driver and cleaned all files about ati with driver cleaner then re-installed 10.11. Now I'm having a overdrive issue. I can't test my overdrive configuration because it fails all the time and noticed "atiode application is not responding" text. I choose to wait till it respond then it closed itself without test screen and fails it never happened before. Also first try with 10.11 driver. What could be the problem? Is it about bios or power? Don't know but i was able to use it before, at least several drivers before :) .

mb: Asus p6t Dluxe
cpu: Intel i7-920 no cloack
ram: OCZ Gold edition 1600mhz DDR3
gpu: HIS HD4870x2 AC Accelero fan
psu: Cooler Master RS-850 esba

January 23, 2011 10:52:23 PM

thanks for reply i did that, apperently it was working all along :)  but it helped me to configure fan settings.
But i couldn't find anything about ati 10.12 driver issues like mine fps drop, most of them about crossfire issues.
Do anyone have any idea about this?

m
l
January 23, 2011 11:40:13 PM

Just noticed something afterburner tells me my min and max fan speeds are %40 but i can barely hear the sound of it's rising speed. Is this a common issue or a serious problem for me ?
Also i set my core clock to 70 and memory clock to 900 and having 75C* at %96 load. Is this normal with AC Accelero xtreme?
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2011 8:13:29 AM

im thinking to detach Accelero to re-apply thermal paste and check the screws if its necessary. Also what should i use for thermal paste ? mx3-4 ? or Gelid GC-Extreme. Don't think it'll be that much effective will change 1-3C* as i read but don't know much about can anyone explain and give me a suggestion. Also need help for 2 replies up there.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2011 2:42:53 PM

Aemrod said:
thanks for reply i did that, apperently it was working all along :)  but it helped me to configure fan settings.
But i couldn't find anything about ati 10.12 driver issues like mine fps drop, most of them about crossfire issues.
Do anyone have any idea about this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, But I thought the 4870 x2 is basically 2 GPUs on one card actually running in Crossfire mode.. :bounce: 

That might explain some of the messages you are getting about crossfire.
m
l
January 24, 2011 3:28:37 PM

actually its correct but i only found 4870x2 x2 users :)  quadfire but if its like you said i prolly have to revert back to 10.5 driver if this about crossfire mode. But i don't know much about it.
m
l
January 24, 2011 8:00:45 PM

I changed the driver to 10.4 its not getting any better still same cooling problem. Bought a mx-4 thermal paste will apply it tomorrow will see but i bought just one and cant find another is it enough for my card i mean it has 2 cores so i need to use mx-4 to both plates and it's a 4gr one.
m
l
!