videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
1.5v on stock? lol...not on the stock cooler...at least not in my opinion...1.48 I can see...and I would stay 70 or below just in case...just to prolong the life of the poor chip...lol...

OKay, So I think I might have gotten a 15% OC. Normal=3.0Ghz My OC= 3.45Ghz. AT the end of the OCCT test it gave me all the charts on adobe, but it said, "Error detected on core #-1". Is that a problem? I checked DXDIAG, Task manager, and device manager to ensure that my first core is in good working order. Did I get a stable OC? I did not blue screen on me. Temps hit ONLY 48C! YEAH!

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
get intel burn test and stress the cpu to full for 10-20 runs if it crashes or blue screens then it's not stable...

I would recommend getting a nice aftermarket cooler though...it would really help making sure you won't fry your cpu...

Well, with my volts @ 1.45, it peeked at 48C. It is pretty cool. I am not going to buy a cooler. Now, with only 48C and 1.45V in mind, do you think that bumping it up to 1.5V would be bad? I am pretty eager to get 3.5Ghz, and my CPU ran cool for 6 hours.

Wouldn't crashing be blue screening? What would tell me that I crashed? My computer would lock up if it crashes right? If I raise my Vcore up to 1.5V I think I can get 3.529Ghz.

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
it depends...sometimes you system is unstable but stable enough to have ibt tell you that there was an error and your system is not stable...Important!!! make sure to set the amount of threads to run to the same as number of cores on your cpu!!!
and I really don't recommend going to 1.5v on stock cooler...but I doubt it would die on you if your load temps are really that low as you said...

Yeah, they really were. I set the fan to auto and it runs really cool. When the OCCT test was done, it said that it peeked @ 48C. I am running IBT right now, I have gotten through 6 tests, I am doing 20. My temps are only around 48C still. I am @ 1.45V on Vcore. If it doesn';t work, I think I will do 1.5V. I did set it to three threads, because I have 3 cores. Active cores, that is.