Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Asus k8v se deluxe and windows vista

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
October 10, 2009 2:04:29 AM

when i put vista on my ymotherboard it wont run at 3 gig and will with xp pro whats the deal

More about : asus k8v deluxe windows vista

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 242 V Motherboard
October 10, 2009 1:00:22 PM

Can you explain what happens? Are you using Vista SP1?
October 10, 2009 2:41:16 PM

i have a asus k8v se deluxe i changed the operating system to vista home premium updated to sp1 but i only had 2 gig of ram baught the the 3rd i gig stick put it in the comp tries to post it runs all set up till it goes to change to the windows load screen but it stays black screen if i put xp pro back in it runs fine with the 3 gig of ram
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 242 V Motherboard
October 10, 2009 3:07:02 PM

That motherboard probably isn't Vista certified, but it might still work. Are there any other components that could cause that issue with 3 GB of RAM, e.g., a video card?
October 10, 2009 3:26:29 PM

GhislainG said:
That motherboard probably isn't Vista certified, but it might still work. Are there any other components that could cause that issue with 3 GB of RAM, e.g., a video card?

the video card is a saphire radeon 9600 atlantis and i do not know if that is why if i put the xp pro back in the computer runs the 3 gig no problem HELP
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 242 V Motherboard
October 10, 2009 3:51:58 PM

I installed Vista on an old Asus P4P800-E Deluxe with an an ATI X850 Pro AGP, but I didn't try it with more than 2 GB as it wouldn't improve performance in office applications. Are all memory modules identical?

Asus won't officially support Vista on that socket 754 motherboard.
October 10, 2009 4:27:57 PM

now when i go back to xp pro my internet wont work and imnot very good at this stuff but take instructions well
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 242 V Motherboard
October 10, 2009 4:34:26 PM

If you go to Device Manager, do you see any yellow exclamation mark? Did you download and install the LAN (Ethernet) drivers for your motherboard?
October 10, 2009 5:03:53 PM

GhislainG said:
I installed Vista on an old Asus P4P800-E Deluxe with an an ATI X850 Pro AGP, but I didn't try it with more than 2 GB as it wouldn't improve performance in office applications. Are all memory modules identical?

Asus won't officially support Vista on that socket 754 motherboard.

not sure what you mean by memory modules still green at the lingo
October 10, 2009 5:18:42 PM

GhislainG said:
If you go to Device Manager, do you see any yellow exclamation mark? Did you download and install the LAN (Ethernet) drivers for your motherboard?

where can i get the lan drivers for my comp (ethernet)
!