Nvidia PhysX Question

panacuba

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
Really insteresting topic please change tittle to something more catchy like "PhyX & Ati Question."

I also want to know if im going to crossfire 4890 or 4870 and i want to have a phyx accelerator for "nVidia Freindly games"(that use phyx).... i have been reading fo like 2 hours and just saw this

Lets hope some one can awnser if Possible

arabha123

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Hi ppl,

I have an 8400GS on a original Intel945GC motherboard and Core2Duo E4300 :eek: @1.8 GHz. I want to know if the Physx would run better on the processor or on my GPU as I'm planning to upgrade to HD 4770(I don't know if the mobo has 2 PCI-E slots, mostly not, I'm away from home now and would be returning by about this month end). If the mobo has 2 PCI-E slots, I would like to know if there's any chance I can use my 8400GS as a dedicated Physx card to get better performance or would the processor do a better job of handling physics of the game? And if the mobo doesn't have 2 PCI-E slots, what is the mobo I can go for that has 2 PCI-E slots at the lowest price?

Also I would like to get some views on how I can upgrade my PC with a very little budget of about INR 20K(Indian Rupees). My PSU has a 12 volt rating of 15-18 amps( :heink: I know I have to get a better one) and I'm looking at Tagan TG500-U37, CoolerMaster RS500-PCARA3-EU, Corsair 400W Power Supply (CX400W). The prices of all the peripherals are from the website

http://www.theitwares.com/

I would like to get your views wrt the prices given in the website.

You'd probably want a 8800GT or better. From what I've seen, using the (far slower) 8600 series was sometimes lower then doing PHysX on the primary GPU (Example: A 9800GTX was faster by itself opposed to using the slower 8600GT as a PhysX processor).