How Much Better Is A Radeon HD4350 512MB Than A X850 128MB?

G

I know it may come off as a dumb question, as I'm sure it's better but I was just wondering how much better.

I can get one fairly cheap but don't want to waste money. I'm just looking for a budget card that can play World of Warcraft better than it does. Same with Civ 4 and The Sims 2. I get 20-30 FPS in most highly populated levels with the X850 - I also plan to get 1 more GB of ram up to 2GBs.

I'd also like to maybe play some stuff that's newer than 4/5 years old too.

So would I see a marked performance increase in these games? Or should I just not bother?

Although the 4600 series does have better shader support than the old 850, they are not going to be much of an improvement over the 850 performance wise. They will look prettier, but at painful frame rates. I would go a step farther than others here and say for gaming, you want at least a 4830. And if you can't afford one of them, you can't afford to be buying games either.
By the way, what is the rest of your rig specs. If your GPU is an old 850, I am curious about the rest before we start suggesting you need to buy something that won't really help you much.