Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Copying DVDs (not illegal movies)

Last response: in Storage
December 2, 2010 11:25:08 PM

I bought Windows 7 Professional upgrade from Microsoft through their student discount and was given the option of downloading the software for a lower price rather than have a physical copy shipped for a higher cost.
Since I'm a college student, so I'm poor and I didn't really want to have to wait, so I just downloaded it and burned it onto a DvD.

Recently, I just bought a CD/DVD burner with Lightscribe on it and I would love to be able to re-make them on CD/DVDs and label them properly with Lightscribe. However, I am no longer allowed to download it off their website, as they only allow downloads for 30 days. So, I was wondering if there was a way for me to copy the DvD with one drive.

How would I do this?

Best solution

a c 353 G Storage
December 3, 2010 1:51:22 AM

Your cd/dvd program should have a function called disk copy. It will prompt you for a sorce disk (Your DVD with Win 7 on it), it will copy a image file to HDD. When done it will the prompt you to put in a Blank DVD and it will write the image on to the new DVD. Althoe windows 7 should have a program, I use IMGBURN. This is a free program that you can down load - Just goole imgburn.
December 10, 2010 1:03:45 AM

Best answer selected by drowsyman.
Score
a c 197 G Storage
October 4, 2011 8:57:24 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!