Strange RAID0 Issue

mrmeowmix2300

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
Hello everyone, I put 3 SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ hard drives in a RAID 0 array on my ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard, and at first it was working perfectly. The chart in HDTune was nice and even for the most part, and the transfer rate was very high. Heres what it looked like:

Triple%20Play.png

However, after retrying HDtune today (I bought the HDD's on black friday) the results are very unusual:

55146937.png

Why are all those valleys and spikes showing up now? Is one of the drives dying already? And the access rate even increased? Somethings wrong.

I have no files on this RAID array right now and I dont think anythings accessing it, so what could be the problem?

Ive tried formatting it, both quick and thorough formats, nothing seems to help. Enabling and disabling write cache dosent seem to fix the valleys much either. So what could the problem be.

Thanks!

mrmeowmix2300

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009

There is absolutely nothing on the RAID drives right now.
No, its separate from my boot drive.
I dont think so.

szymek

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2008
Ok, dismount the array. Check every single disk for errors and don't forget to check SMART for each one. The next thing you can do is defragment the array. Oh, and one more advise, Make at least two arrays, one small, say 100-200GB and the other one from what's left. It will make drives much faster and reduce access time. Good luck.

mrmeowmix2300

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009

Ill try this ASAP. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS