edwinhess

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
I cant seem to figure out what PSU I should get. I want lots of watts to push what my set up needs, 80 PLUS certified, Cool, Quiet, and preferably modular. Any ideas??
By the way can someone fill me in on 12v railes how many do i need and what are they really? I dont know jack about PSU's :pfff: ive always just got what i could afford, this time MONEY IS NO OBJECT. :pt1cable:

My setup is
Phenom 2 x4 955 black edition
Crosshair 3 mobo
2 gigs OCZ DDR3 1333
Sound card
Wirless N network card
2 sata drives
2 sata optical drives
4 cold cathode lights
600w coolmaster

want to add
2 SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X Radeon HD 4890...........(Requires four 6-pin connectors)
and water cool my CPU only
w/ some bay acessories

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

I have a small TIG welder that uses somewhat less power... Maybe I could sub in this unit and move up to 5mm welds vs. my present 2.5mm welds...?

edwinhess

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008

That review just made me want it more!! So tell me, what is bad about overkill??

edwinhess

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
Ok SO im thinking the Corsair but is it a problem that it has only 1 12v rail? What is the benefit of multiple rails?

You didn't read the tutorials !

"Some manufacturers decided to implement one over current protection (OCP) circuit for all +12 V wires, simply trusting the fact that is highly unlikely that at any given time a single +12 V wire would be delivering more than 240 W on a PC power supply, because of what we explained on the previous paragraph. This approach is called single-rail design. In fact some power supplies, especially very low-end ones, don’t have any OCP circuit at all"

Rudely and without permission copied from www.Hardwaresecrets.com written by Mr. Torres

TRENDING THREADS