2 different Raid Controller for RAID 0

Hi.. I've bought a SiI3132 - PCI Express (1x) Raid Controller but I would like (for more performance) to use two of these Raid controllers using one Hd connected in each Controller..

I don't know if it will work because I don't know if I can use RAID 0 using 2 Raid Controllers..

Currently I'm using one controller and its fine, but not good performance, so I think using 2 conrtollers the perdormance will improve..

Could anyone tell me if two SiI3132 - PCI Express (1x) Raid controllers can Run RAID 0 (one Hd connect on each controller)?

Tks a lot

Rodrigo
8 answers Last reply
More about raid controller raid
  1. I don't know of any raid controllers that can work in tandem like that. An array has to have drives that all exist on the same controller.
  2. Even if the controllers are the same model etc?
  3. None. You would be better off purchasing a better model from 3ware, areca, LSI, or Adaptec. Of course you'll pay more for the better models.
  4. Hum.. yes.. but My concern is.. a pcie 1 is 500gb/s and Ive connected 2 hds. so I'm not getting the full speed of 'pcie 1' because the speed is divided by 2 hds.. that's why I wanted to use e separate raid controllers in order to get the full performance.

any ideas?
  5. They make PCIe x4 and x8 raid controllers. You'll pay more for them.

Here is an example.
  6. Thank you very much Hawkeye22, but I'm currently able to control my 2 hds.. but once the pcie is 500gb only the speed is divided by 2. thats why my performance is low.

If I connect one hd in each raid controller and be able to make a RAID 0, the performance will be better.. Right?

Tks
  7. Most drives have a throughput of about 80Mb/s. I don't think two drives will saturate a 3Gb/s sata2 controller let alone a PCIe x1 slot.

Edit:
    You may also want to look at this in the RAID section.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/251570-32-onboard-raid-controller
  8. I have one of those. You are a lot better of getting a reliable high performance RAID configuration.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Performance Controller PCI Express NAS / RAID Storage Product