2 different Raid Controller for RAID 0

cabecinhas_br

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
Hi.. I've bought a SiI3132 - PCI Express (1x) Raid Controller but I would like (for more performance) to use two of these Raid controllers using one Hd connected in each Controller..

I don't know if it will work because I don't know if I can use RAID 0 using 2 Raid Controllers..

Currently I'm using one controller and its fine, but not good performance, so I think using 2 conrtollers the perdormance will improve..

Could anyone tell me if two SiI3132 - PCI Express (1x) Raid controllers can Run RAID 0 (one Hd connect on each controller)?

Tks a lot

Rodrigo

cabecinhas_br

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
Hum.. yes.. but My concern is.. a pcie 1 is 500gb/s and Ive connected 2 hds. so I'm not getting the full speed of 'pcie 1' because the speed is divided by 2 hds.. that's why I wanted to use e separate raid controllers in order to get the full performance.

any ideas?

cabecinhas_br

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
Thank you very much Hawkeye22, but I'm currently able to control my 2 hds.. but once the pcie is 500gb only the speed is divided by 2. thats why my performance is low.

If I connect one hd in each raid controller and be able to make a RAID 0, the performance will be better.. Right?

Tks