No Internet, No troubleshooters, Cannot re-install .Net 3.5

tiberriver256

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I have a windows 7 computer here with Service Pack 1 installed on it. I have connected with limited access on both wired and wireless connections.

When I try to troubleshoot these connections using the "diagnose internet connection" button I get an error and the troubleshooter cannot start. Then I found out that NO troubleshooters work on the PC.

When I tried to update the .Net framework to see if that fixed the problem I downloaded the offline installer from another machine and ran it only to get an installation error on that.

I ran SFC /scannow and it came up with errors but was unable to repair all of them and I still have the issue.

Is there anything else I can try to get the internet working??? Please Help :) :)

I did also reset the TCP/IP stack, reinstalled the network adapter drivers, and ipconfig /flushdns

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Sounds like you have some OS corruption. Best way to fix this is a full reinstall.

Otherwise I would start looking at your antivirus first. Disable it and see if you can get to a webpage.

Have you tried safe mode with networking?

An alternate browser(Firefox, Chrome Etc)?

Can you ping out?