speed123

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Hi, i have a gigabyte ga-880gm-ud2h rev1.4 motherboard and bios version f8 and amd phenom IIx2 555 processor with 4gb Ram and ati Hd 5770 graphic card. please help me to unlock the cores. i tried by setting the Firmware to hybrid and ACC to auto but did not succeed. would you please suggest me how to unlock the cores.

It would appear that your chip is unfortunately one of those that had defective cores, and this is why it was locked to a dualcore
these are the breaks I'm afraid,
it may be that a little extra voltage might help stabilise cores, but if you aren't even getting them to show up, I wouldn't try it.
Moto

try this setting :
CPU Unlock needs to be changed to Enabled.

Exclusive Auto Unlock technology provides hardware-based solution for unleash CPU performance

Advanced BIOS Features
CPU Unlock (Note)
Allows you to determine whether unlock hidden CPU cores. (Default: Disabled)
CPU core Control
Allows you to determine whether to manually enable/disable CPU Core 2 and Core 3. Manual allows the two items below to be configurable.
>>>Auto Lets the BIOS to enable all CPU cores (number of cores available depends on the CPU being used). (Default)
>>>Manual Allows you to individually enable/disable CPU Core 2 and Core 3.
CPU core 2 (Note)
Enables or disables CPU Core 2. (Default: Enabled)
CPU core 3 (Note)
Enables or disables CPU Core 3. (Default: Enabled)

(Note) This item is present only if you install a CPU that supports this feature.