Sign in with
Your question

Last response: in Overclocking
January 26, 2011 3:33:11 PM

Hi, i have a gigabyte ga-880gm-ud2h rev1.4 motherboard and bios version f8 and amd phenom IIx2 555 processor with 4gb Ram and ati Hd 5770 graphic card. please help me to unlock the cores. i tried by setting the Firmware to hybrid and ACC to auto but did not succeed. would you please suggest me how to unlock the cores.

More about : 1234

a b À AMD
a c 190 K Overclocking
January 26, 2011 4:57:55 PM

It would appear that your chip is unfortunately one of those that had defective cores, and this is why it was locked to a dualcore
these are the breaks I'm afraid,
it may be that a little extra voltage might help stabilise cores, but if you aren't even getting them to show up, I wouldn't try it.
Moto
m
l
a b À AMD
a c 241 K Overclocking
January 26, 2011 11:04:51 PM

try this setting :
CPU Unlock needs to be changed to Enabled.

Exclusive Auto Unlock technology provides hardware-based solution for unleash CPU performance

Advanced BIOS Features
CPU Unlock (Note)
Allows you to determine whether unlock hidden CPU cores. (Default: Disabled)
CPU core Control
Allows you to determine whether to manually enable/disable CPU Core 2 and Core 3. Manual allows the two items below to be configurable.
>>>Auto Lets the BIOS to enable all CPU cores (number of cores available depends on the CPU being used). (Default)
>>>Manual Allows you to individually enable/disable CPU Core 2 and Core 3.
CPU core 2 (Note)
Enables or disables CPU Core 2. (Default: Enabled)
CPU core 3 (Note)
Enables or disables CPU Core 3. (Default: Enabled)

(Note) This item is present only if you install a CPU that supports this feature.
m
l
!