No video/keyboard or mouse lights

shaunyboy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
hi everyone,i have a problem.put another mobo and new 600w power supply into a friends pc,had everything up and running ok,loaded xp and some other apps,all seemed fine,switched off.went to switch back on,and got no video signal to monitor,keyboard and mouse do not light up,harddrive light constantly on,will not boot up.
dont know whats happening?.
did a test with a power supplt tester,all lights come on except the -5v light,what does this mean if anything,and is it likely that the new power supply is at fault?.
thanks in advance for any help.

shaunyboy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009

well its a very old setup
GA-7XRD+ mobo
athlon 2200 cpu
new atx 600L alpha power psu
i purchased a power supply tester,checked with 24pin and p4 connectore in,all lights are on except the -5v light,but i am unsure if this means a power supply fault?.

shaunyboy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
i cleared the cmos,no jumpers on motherboard,so i asume i did right by taking out the battery for over an hour?.
still nothing,so i cant get to boot screen to enter default bios etc.

its powering up,cpu fan,tower fan,etc hardrive light is just on all the time tho,no flicker etc.

shaunyboy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
i tried everyones suggestions but to no avail,i have obtained a cheap motherboard and replaced the one i was having trouble with,and now everything is fine.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVISE ANYWAY.