Sign in with
Your question

New P7P55D Pro System Not Booting - Mobo or RAM?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 11, 2009 8:37:51 AM

Hello.

I recently built a new system, and upon power on, nothing happens (except all the fans turn on, including the CPU and video card fans), and the diagnostic light for the RAM turns on, indicating that the RAM is either incompatible or not installed properly.

I don't think it is an incompatibility problem, even though the RAM I have is not on the "official" compatible list, since I've seen others on this board with the same RAM and motherboard that could boot the system (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/263439-30-p7p55d-gskill-ripjaws-bsod-dual-channel).

As well, I've done the whole thing where I only connect one stick at a time, and make sure that the sticks are securely fastened.

However, nothing works.

Could the problem actually be a motherboard problem, and not a RAM one? How can I go check? I don't have any other system or parts on hand (except for this laptop).

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

My specs:

Case: Antec 900 case
CPU: i7-860, default fan
Mobo: Asus P7P55D Pro
RAM: 4 x 2GB, G-Skill Ripjaw (F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH)
Vid: HIS RADEON HD 4870
Power supply: Silverstone Olympia OP850 850W 20/24 Pin Power Supply ATX / EPS12V Active PFC 120MM Fan
Generic hard drive and dvd rom drive.
October 14, 2009 9:31:06 PM

onionrange:

Did you figure out the problem? I have the same issue with my Asus P7P55D with 4 x 2GB, G-Skill Ripjaw F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH.
m
l
October 18, 2009 12:18:42 AM

ksm said:
onionrange:

Did you figure out the problem? I have the same issue with my Asus P7P55D with 4 x 2GB, G-Skill Ripjaw F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH.

Hi ksm, it finally worked for me... I think it's the way the stick is shaped, because it always felt like I had fully inserted it, but the problem was that I didn't insert the ram fully into the slot... an amateur mistake on my part, for which I am embarrassed about.
m
l
!